Trojan Condom Commercial

alixis

Reaction score
Trojan Ad

The link goes to the new commercial Trojan Condoms has out. Does anyone know who the artist is?

Thanks in advance.

I don't even know how to describe how I figured this out (it took hours of searching everywhere!)....and I'm not 100% sure I'm right, but I'll let you know when the CD I ordered arrives!

I think the artist is Rob Laufer, a pretty obscure singer/songwriter. He had a 1995 album called Wonderwood with a song titled "This Is Our Life." I couldn't find the song download or even a sample anywhere, and I'm usually pretty good at this! BUT I was able to find another of his songs and the voice was right. A review I read about him also seemed to fit the description.

It seems Rob Laufer is still very as a session musician and in producing, but he hasn't made an album of his own since 1995.

I ordered Rob Laufer's Wonderwood CD from Amazon, but I'm going away for a week, so I won't know if my hunch is right til I get back.

When you search for the song title, the only thing that comes up is the Swedish musician Bosson, who has a song called "This Is Our Life." It is NOT Bosson, though. I sure didn't like his song at all!

Hope this helps!

Hi Alixis,
I did listen to the song by Rob Laufer.....not the one. I really thought I was on to something. I sent an email to someone at Trojan, but got a weird automated reply that they'd be out of the office during some week in April!?!? I'll try again. This is driving us crazy!

I guess there's a possibility that it's not even a whole song....but just a few lines written for the commercial. That used to be done in advertising a lot....remember they were called jingles? It would be sad if that were the case this time. Whoever did it should make it a whole song, if it isn't one!

Let's keep trying!

Back