The Weather Man

That's the same song they played at the end of Veronica Mars 2 weeks ago! When they found the body with her name on the hand.

Sorry I don't know the song name, but maybe this info. might help..?

The clip you're talking about is also used on CNN's Anderson Cooper 360 for commercial cutaways--it plays pretty much the same duration as the Weatherman clip. It's been driving me crazy for months!!

If you all mean the short, artsy guitar riff, i need an anwser too, i'm about to give up on it! :(

in the ad i just saw...

i heard Ben Kweller-Falling

the bah bah bah sequence comes at the end

Can't be...I listened to this song in high school, and Ben Kweller-Falling's albums come later.

I found out that the song in the TV spot before it busts into "The Passenger" is indeed "Where is my mind?" by The Pixies... (Also heard in Fight Club, played at the end during the explosion.)

ok, i'm confused. do we, or do we not know who performs the three seconds of music at the top of the tv ad for 'the weather man'? it definitely is not 'where is my mind' by the pixies.

the guitar hook in the tv spot sounds to me like the hook in an ibm tv spot from a few years ago, that also drove me insane -- never found out what that one was, either. but the ibm ad music stayed instrumental, whereas the 'weather man' tv spot has an instant of gritty boy-vocal before it quits.

this is driving me insane. dang, i need a hobby.

It is The Messenger and it is Iggy Pop, off his 1990 album Lust for Life (for those who are looking for the bit that starts with a banjo-type sound--three chords--for a few bars before the bass and drums come in, and ending with "La La La La La-La-La-La")

Hooray!!! Mystery solved!!

Does anyone know both songs in the TV Spot of the Weatherman (The one where Nicolas Cage talks about the different foods that are thrown at him.)

This is the spot I've been seeing lately...

Where Is My Mind? - The Pixies

The Passenger - Iggy Pop

THANK YOU SO MUCH LEONE!!

this was driving me COMPLETELY INSANE! i particularly appreciate the link to the sample. very helpful indeed.

whew.

When i heard it it sounded like The sound of Settling by Death Cab for Cutie... I TiVOed it too and only listened again once...

But apparently it has been solved and Death Cab isn't correct.

So nice of the producers to give us three seconds to argue over and decipher.

So we've pegged the song title, but is that Iggy's recording of it? It sounds like it may be a cover of it, or a more recent recording of it. It was used on the commercial for "30 Days", the show by Morgan Spurlock, the guy who did "Supersize Me".

I think it is Iggy's recording...at any rate, it's the same exact clip that's used on Anderson Cooper's show, right down to the duration of the sound bite. That would be some coincidence to have a cover of a song used so much, though it's happened before.

Back