The North Face

srg1487

Reaction score
I really like the guitar riff in the commercials for The North Face that run during Lost on ABC. It's got a hard rock feel, and it seems almost familiar to me, but I can't place it. Anybody know if it's part of a full song, or just something they came up with for the ad? The commercial has no narration - just the music over a bunch of short clips of people doing outdoor activities like climbing, trail running, etc. Toward the end, there's a black screen with the logo for The North Face and "Never stop exploring."

Anybody have ideas?

The original is by The White Stripes, "Dead Leaves and the Dirty Ground". It's off of their White Blood Cells album. That particular riff happens at 1:15 into the song and also occurs at 1:58. I'm not sure who does the version in the commercial though...at least it's a start.

The original is by The White Stripes, "Dead Leaves and the Dirty Ground". It's off of their White Blood Cells album. That particular riff happens at 1:15 into the song and also occurs at 1:58. I'm not sure who does the version in the commercial though...at least it's a start.

Unfortunately, it's not Dead Leaves and the Dirty Ground...it does have a similar riff, but unfortunately many songs do since Jack White is all about simple riffs....

I emailed NorthFace about it, but have yet to get a reply :-/

I watch a lot of cartoons. The riff is basically identical to Nickelodeon's little theme bit done when logo is shown etc. It's one recently used, unless they got it from The White Stripes.
The bowm bowm-bowm bowm-bowm is where they say Nickelodeon, same amount of syllables.

Last edited:
Wasn't paying attention to dates--The North Face commercial I'm referring to is the 2010 one currently airing featuring a snowboarder.

North Face Dick's Sporting Goods

There is a new North Face commercial where a guy comes out of a gondola and then does some extreme skiing. Guitar riff playing in the background is pretty intense. It's not that White Stripes cover or Beach Master by Miss TK and the Revenge?

I can't find the video and/or song anywhere and I need to know that song!!

Wasn't paying attention to dates--The North Face commercial I'm referring to is the 2010 one currently airing featuring a snowboarder.

The one that has a sort of a 80's hiphop bell sound at the beginning with a woman snowboarder ?

If so I'm trying to figure that one out too.

Are we talking about [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36FdMi0STgE]THAT[/ame] commercial ?

I'm still looking for the name of the song/band, and starting to think this is really Whitie :/ I mean, even the start sounds like a part of 'Dead Leaves and The Dirty Ground'!

I'm confused

North Face is airing several commercials at the moment. The one above, one featuring some guys off-trail skiing, and one with a chick snowboarding on a half pipe are the ones I'm aware of. I think the one OP is referring to the one with the skiers. The music sounds like something from the band JET, except I think they may be singing in French.

I'm interested in knowing what music they're playing in the commercial with the girl on the snowboard. To me, it sounds like Santigold or a similar artist. Lyrics start off: "one by one their heads will turn".

Can anyone help?

Back