The New Kaiser Permanente Commercial Music??

minstrel80232

Reaction score
Hi, does anyone know the name of the piece of music AND who does it, for the new Kaiser Permanente commercail? Thanks for any help,
minstrel80232

Please review our Forum Rules on "bumping."

Rather than posting the word "bump," you should add some more details -- describe the commercial and the music. It will help others know what you're talking about exactly.

Well, I Googled and dragged up this guy - Dewi Wood
http://zed.cbc.ca/go.ZeD?user_id=20715&page=content

but it doesn't say whether he's responsible for the recent KP ad. I wasn't up to registering on the site just for the privilege of sending him an email inquiry.

The tune kinda sounds like a cross between the Colombian national anthem and Aaron Copeland's "Cowgirl"....

Kaiser Permanente recently started an ad campaign called "thrive" that was created by the advertisement company Campbell-Ewald Co. If you go to their website at www.cecom.com you can find the actual commercial to look at. Click on the topic "What We Do", then "Bigger Ideas" and the commercial is under the "television category."

I emailed Campbell-Ewald Co. and they told me the song is an orginal piece created by Wojahn Brothers Music Company specifically for that commercial. Although I could not find this particular piece at their website (www.wojahn.com), they have many other original pieces as well as other commercials they have done. I bet their willing to give the song to those who request it. Good Luck!

J_Albers

Sorry but I need to make a correction. The Campbell-Ewald Co. representative e-mailed me to make a correction on a previous statement. The music piece is not by the Wojahn brothers as previously thought. However, they have done a Kaiser piece. Instead, the piece is by a UK guy by the name of Ken McHugh under the artist name Autamata. The name of the song is "Little Green Men" and is found in the album "My Sanctuary." Unfortunately, none of his other work even remotely sounds like the one in the commercial and in fact only the last 40 seconds of the song "Little Green Men" actually sounds like the commercial. What a bummer.
Sorry for the false information.

J_Albers

Wow :)

Thanks a bunch for digging up the info. Every possible concept I had of how this song would sound was totally wrong. Strange indeed.

Helm

The last 40 seconds are from a song from at least 35 years ago, I remember hearing it on the radio in the 1960's. The rest of the song i remember was not the one on the previous post. It sounds like they ripped off someone elses work. I'm still searching for the original tune.

Originally posted by bswarm@Feb 8 2005, 09:24 PM
The last 40 seconds are from a song from at least 35 years ago, I remember hearing it on the radio in the 1960's. The rest of the song i remember was not the one on the previous post. It sounds like they ripped off someone elses work. I'm still searching for the original tune.

Now that makes more sense! I really hope you find the original tune.

I sent an email to Ken McHugh (see previous posts) asking about his music, he replied...

"Thanks,I'm glad you like it. I actually programmed that tune from scratch using orchestral sounds from my samplers,so its 100% original. If it sounds like something else it's a coincidence.I'd be interested in finding out the tune you think it sounds like myself.If you get anymore info,let me know!!! "

I still think it's from at least 35 years ago, so I asked my (79 year old) Mother to listen to it, she said she remembers it also and its a classical piece but she does not know the name of it.
Still searching......

Thanks Tamsin,
I think Andy Williams "Can't Get Used To Losing You" might be the song I remember.
Researching the song, Ive found the words and music are by Doc Pomus and Mort Schuman. Maybe they have something closer that was instrumental only, If anyone knows their music, I'd like to know more.

Back