The Lord of the Rings The Fellowship of the Ring

sabarouta

Reaction score
In the first Lord of the Rings, when Gandalf is stuck on the top of that tower, he whispers to a moth in his hand and then sets it free. The music has a choir rising with the excitement of that very scene. I only want that one track... :huh:

I think that it is called "Flight to the Ford". (I think thats how you spell ford). anyways, my sister is a HUGE LOTR fan an she says thats it. TRY it!

It's not "Flight to the Ford". The song you are looking for is "A Knife In The Dark" - track number seven from the Fellowship of the Ring soundtrack. The part that you are referring to does not start until about halfway into the song.

Hi I have been trying to find the song that plays in the opening of the first movie and probably twenty times throughout the next two. When they talk about the rings being made and the movie first starts. It is a very slow song, that when you hear it will make you think of the Lord of the Rings instantly.

Thanks in advance

Rob

did you check the soundtrack listing? all of the music used in the movies were original pieces by howard shore (sorry if i'm wrong about that name, guys;) )

yeah i went to amazon and looked up the track listing to download them, but none of them were the right one. there is even a song called theme, but that isnt it either, if you watch the movie, which is on Starz all day now, you will know just what song I'm talking about.

hmm...this might be the same link you tried, but it might be the first track called "the prophecy". it might take a while to listen through the song to actually hear that one part you are looking for...and i'm just taking a guess that you're listening for the ring's actual theme. like, it's just strings, right? and that particular string sequence theme starts EXACTLY in the first movie when galadriel is narrating and says "for none now live,etc." and the name of the movie flashes on the screen. well...that's the one i thought you might be thinking about. haha :ph34r:

Hello everyone. I just wanted to know if anyone knew the track that plays during the start of the film, when Frodo says "Its wonderful to see you Gandalf" and is playing while the various parts of the shire are being shown.

Thanks,

Jordan

I think the song you are looking for is called "Concerning Hobbits" - it is track #2 on the Fellowship of the Ring soundtrack.

Hullo there!
I've had the Collector's Edition DVD for this movie for a few hours now...and I'm baffled by one particular piece of music that caught my [ear]. It's a new scene, created especially for the DVD. It's when Sam is cooking sausages and meats and whatnot and then there's this faint elvish music coming from the wood, and Frodo says, "Sam...Wood-Elves!" and then they run and hide behind a log, and peek out from above it. And then, the most angelic and sad choir can be heard as glowing white figures pass slowly from the wood to the Grey Havens. I would like to know if this music is available anywhere. The elves' sympathetic drones and cries really ... touch me if you will.
Thanks in advance :)

First, does anyone know just the main Lord of the Rings song? The one with the flute or whatever?
and Secondly, does anyone know the name of the song that plays right after gandalf falls into the canyon with the balrog?

LMK thanks :)

Originally posted by XChangBangx@Oct 12 2006, 04:12 PM
does anyone know the name of the song that plays right after gandalf falls into the canyon with the balrog?
"The Bridge Of Khazad Dum" by Howard Shore (Amazon)

You can get it on iTunes under:

Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring

A few songs/versions will pop up. It may be under City of Prague Philharmonics or Nick Ingman & Royal Philharmonic Orchestra

I know what song you're talking about.

It's on the first LOTR: The Fellowship of the Ring soundtrack, and it's called "Concerning Hobbits."

Back