The Ladykillers

whitedude2020

Advanced Member
Reaction score
i just watched the lady killers, ok movie, but there was a piece of classical music, sounded very familiar, i forgot what scene it was in, but i think it was the only piece of classical music in the whole movie.

it was somewhere in the first half of the movie

If anybody can help out if would be great

thanks

when Tom Hanks is describing his plan to the rest of the criminals, what is the classic song that is playing on the cd player?

I have yet to see this movie, but imdb lists the following two classical pieces;

"Concerto Grosso In D Major, Op. 6, No. 4" by Arcangelo Corelli.

"Minuet, Opus 13 No. 5" by Luigi Boccherini.

It might be one of those two. ;)

I've been trying to figure out for weeks who composed the piano piece used in The Ladykillers. It is played a few times throughout the movie whenever Tom Hanks does a monologue. I have checked IMDb, Amazon, other soundtrack websites, and I cannot find anything on this. I don't even know if it was composed solely for the score or if it was composed by somebody else and just used in the movie.

Does anyone know the name of the piece? Who composed it? Where it would be available?

This is a long shot but could it be "Spiegel Im Spiegel" by Arvo Part. I know it's the piano music at the end when Dorr dies

Thank you kristykat. I thought it might be, but the version I have of "Spiegel Im Spiegel" sounds slightly different so I wanted to make sure.

Back