The King of Queens

Does anyone know what's the name of the song which is used at the start of the American television sitcom 'The King Of Queens?' :)

From the very first season it was "With Pen in Hand" - Billy Vera and the Beaters (myspace <- doesn't have the song up, but it's the same voice)

Now I don't know who it is but the lyrics are:

My eyes are getting weary,
My back is getting tight.
I'm sitting here in traffic on the Queensborough bridge tonight.
But, I don't care 'cause all I want to do...
is cash my check and drive right home to you.
'cause Baby, all my life
I will be driving home to you

Thanks for the info.
I know the lyrics.
But I want to know the name and the artist of the song.
It will be really great if someone can tell me that.
Thanks in advance.

Originally posted by iamkgb@Jan 13 2007, 04:13 PM
With Pen in Hand - Billy Vera and the Beaters
That's the name of the song and the artist. :unsure:

Originally posted by iamkgb@Jan 13 2007, 02:13 PM
With Pen in Hand - Billy Vera and the Beaters
So, I'm correcting myself...

It IS Billy Vera and the Beaters, but the song it titled:

Baby All My Life I Will Be Driving Home To You

It premiered in episode 26 - the first episode of the second season.

Hello Billy.
Did you write the song "Maybe All My Life" and is it especially for this series? Could you also tell us a little more about the song?

No, I didn't write the song and don't know who did. It was a man and a woman, I think. We were just hired to perform it for the show. There is no longer version and it will not be available on an album, as far as I know.
The correct line is "Baby all my life," not "Maybe," as many people think.
We do get a lot of e-mails from Germany, so I guess the show must be popular there.

Okay, thanks alot Billy! Good luck in future!

There was a song played at the end of the series finale -- it went something like "hope you had a nice ride" or some such sentment. thanks for your responses.

"one of these days, get some money
and we can ride around the world like..."

"what im asking is are you down for the ride"

So, I really liked this song too. I still had it on the DVR, so I got some more lyrics from it. I'm not sure if this will help. I have searched many different engines and found nothing.

"I think I've seen the sparkle in your eyes enough times to be the death of me.
And singing songs is not the best way to make a life, a stronger man would try to set you free. But I know that I make you happy, at least for now. So let me give you my word, one of these days we'll get some money and we can ride around the world like 3 or 4 times. One of these days some milk and honey and we can laugh about the early times when our paychecks came with a silver lining............................................................

I'm turning nothing into something. And I may be down, but I won't hit the ground without a fight. What I'm asking is, are you down for the ride?"

Hope this helps in the search....

Thanks for the clues...i was looking for the song too and found it! It's called "Milk & Honey" by Million Billion. Enjoy!

Found a YouTube link to the episode, click here
and get to 4:18sec .. the track starts here.

Anyone know the name of it ?

Back