The Island

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently the beginning is a track called 'Insomnia' by Chris Beck from the Elektra score. While the beautiful end chorus is an Immediate Music track called 'Lucius Dei'.

Well its good to see one good thing to come out of Elektra.

Originally posted by Cosmo@Mar 19 2005, 07:25 AM
Well its good to see one good thing to come out of Elektra.
I can give you 2 good things... (.)(.)

:D

Sorry, couldn't help it. :)

Anyone know the song for the movie trailer for " the island"???? It would be a great help.

Anybody knows where I could get the end chorus song, Lucius Dei? Whether it's on the net or on a CD, I really like that song and can't stop watching the trailer because of that :p

I wouldn't know about that, but according to what I read here a while back, Immediate Music does not release their songs as they are specially written for the trailers/adverts they score.

A famous example being Lacrimosa from the Spiderman 2 trailer, which nobody except some of the senior people around here could identify for a while. Maybe someone else would know more?

Very true. Ive been watching movie trailers and getting the music for ages now but it is rare when music written for a trailer is released. That rare that ive never heard of it happening :(

BUT if you are dying to get your hands on a similar song I can recommend James Newton Howard - Tarawa from the Snow Falling On Cedars score. It was used in one of the Matrix teasers (Revolution I think). Im sure someone would back me up by saying its a good similar song.

yeah, I know what song you're talking about, it's a very good song too. Too bad I can't find any of those anywhere... on the Torrent network, would it be available? Yet, I would have to know how it works first but if someone can find the song from The Island, that be cool.. :p

It sounds almost just like the music from the Solaris trailer that no one could ever get their hands on. In fact, I am almost positive they were done by the same company. It sucks because Solaris was one of the best trailer scores I had ever heard.

The Solaris song isn't impossible to find but im not sure if its original or not.
Its called "Fragile" by Ded Good Music/Peter Oldroyd and Gary Scargill

Originally posted by Cosmo@Mar 21 2005, 07:20 PM
The Solaris song isn't impossible to find...
Very true.
You just need to know who to ask... ;)

I just found the SpiderMan 2 trailer music, Lacrimosa, which was like impossible to find a couple of months ago, made by the same music company who made the music for this trailer. I'm sure we can find it somewhere, if anybody has any infos about that, please post it! I'm tired to having to load the trailer everytime I wanna ear that song :p

THAT is the only reason I have downloaded LimeWire, is to here songs I can't ever get... mostly Immediate Music...
The end to The Island trailer is a brilliant song, I am trying to find it on LimeWire right now.
Imagined if Immediate Music sold a CD of their songs, they'd get so much money!

Originally posted by Third_Nut@Mar 31 2005, 06:27 PM
Imagined if Immediate Music sold a CD of their songs, they'd get so much money!
What would be guaranteed to happen is that one person who bought the CD would make the album available to download, and then IM wouldn't make as much money as they should.

Originally posted by regrettruth@Apr 9 2005, 01:30 AM
Hi! Im new here....Im also interested in getting that track from the trailer.

I was able to download that Immediate Music 2 CD set from emule. WOW, every track is absolutley amazing! :eek:

Sadly Lucius Dei wasnt on there. Im assuming because its a relativly new track. If anyone happens to come accross Lucius Dei please let us know!
I have the cd you are talking about I think..
Themes for Orchastra and Choir correct?

Nothing too famous in there tho

Recommendations for similar music (Please post your own too)
I'm curious to know what music I'm missing.

Backdraft OST Hans Zimmer
Batman: Mask of the Phantasm OST Shirley Walker (Highly Recommended)
Crimson Tide Hans Zimmer
The Devil's Advocate OST James Newton Howard
Equilibrium Klaus Badelt (Highly Recommended)
Freedom Fighters OST Jesper Kyd
Gladiator Hans Zimmer
Hannibal Hans Zimmer
Hitman 2: Silent Assassin Jesper Kyd
Mission Impossible 2 OST Hans Zimmer
Unearthed E.S. Posthumus (Highly Recommended)
StarWars Series John Williams

Tarawa James Newton Howard
Escape Craig Armstrong
Carmina Burana Carl Orff
Dies Irae Requiem Giuseppe Verdi
One Winged Angel Nobuo Uematsu
Requiem Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
Lacrimosa Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
Mass In C Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart

Originally posted by Entene@Apr 9 2005, 09:46 PM
Recommendations for similar music (Please post your own too)
I'm curious to know what music I'm missing.

Backdraft OST Hans Zimmer
Batman: Mask of the Phantasm OST Shirley Walker (Highly Recommended)
Crimson Tide Hans Zimmer
The Devil's Advocate OST James Newton Howard
Equilibrium Klaus Badelt (Highly Recommended)
Freedom Fighters OST Jesper Kyd
Gladiator Hans Zimmer
Hannibal Hans Zimmer
Hitman 2: Silent Assassin Jesper Kyd
Mission Impossible 2 OST Hans Zimmer
Unearthed E.S. Posthumus (Highly Recommended)
StarWars Series John Williams

Tarawa James Newton Howard
Escape Craig Armstrong
Carmina Burana Carl Orff
Dies Irae Requiem Giuseppe Verdi
One Winged Angel Nobuo Uematsu
Requiem Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
Lacrimosa Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
Mass In C Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
thank you!!!!
that's the kind of music i need!
thank you!