The Boondocks

oh no, you are not alone! :lol: I have this going on in six different threads in three forums!

Thanks go to trailer_park_jesus (from the ASMB) for this post:

I don't know if anyone has answered the question about who sang the song on another thread,if it has already been answered sorry. I'm too lazy to look. But I emailed Aaron Mcgruder and he told me the song was written originally for the show by Isabelle Antena. It's called i believe in it. She has a myspace account, but it doesn't have the song on there.

So we'll have to keep our hopes up for it to become available - perhaps we can can convince Ms. Antena to put it up on her page :)

Damn Nummy! You on it. Thanks for the info....I hope the song will become available.

Let's see if we can make it happen - If you are interested in "I Believe in It" by Isabelle Antena you can go to iTunes http://www.apple.com/feedback/itunes.html and request the song. Of course we need LOTS of people to do it to even stand a chance but she does already have three albums available there so I think that's a step in the right direction She also has a website http://www.isabelleantena.com/ and a myspace page http://www.myspace.com/isabelleantena both with contact info.

Ah, the InterWeb :) it's a GOOD thing

:lol:

yes, I've posted this multiple times - MUST GET THE WORD OUT!

Isabelle Antena'a song "I Believe in It" is now playing on her myspace page - not downloadable, but listenable!

Thanks Numy

I had no idea this site existed but it has been a resource for me.

You're welcome! :)
I don't know how reliable this is but I found this post over at
http://boards.sonypictures.com/boards/show...51&page=5&pp=20

Originally posted by MadDawg22
Hey folks,

So I've been searchin' for this song myself since I first heard it. When I found out Isabelle did it I found her on MySpace and wrote to her. She promptly wrote back telling me (and later asking me to share the info with the many I saw were also searching). So this comes straight from her:

" Thank you for the kind words.Please tell me how I can help the "hunters" .Is there a forum where I could join ?
There's gonna be a sound track of the best music of the show and I think Aaron 's gonna ask me again on season 2.
Meanwhile I have a site with a shop (isabelleantena.com) and I think my music is ditributed by Darla in the states.
I also have a title remix on the new Thievery Corporation album (Versions) that will be out May the 16th.

but tell me how I can help please , and I will.
Best wishes

XXXX
Issy"

She asked me to write because she said her English is not that good so...there you go folks. Hope this helps some of you out.

=MD
I sure hope we get that Boondoocks Soundtrack!

actually... i just realized that i was played in MirrorMask... I had been listening to the soundtrack a while ago, and just finally saw the movie.

It is Track one of The Mirrormask Soundtrack...

Titled "Sock Puppets / Flyover"

It is just that saxaphone riff...

Thanks!!!

I dont kno the name of the song but the artist is ASHERU. I believe thats how u spell. Last time i checked there were free downloads on myspace for the beginning and ending of the boondocks songs

Ok i don't know if this helps but I got all the lyrics to the song now. Also i could cut out the song from the boondocks episode but I'm pretty sure its illegal to post files of music and share it in here so I'll just supply the lyrics for now.

" We on a mission, with spy cam vision, yes well I'd rather beg for forgiveness and permission. Something is off, who is this mystery lady, she's crazy and something in her eyes look shady. But maby after this expose even a blindman could see it comin from a mile away. Let me catch her in the act see where her head is at, before the next sucker for love touch that. So I grab my nikes with my nikon, doors of twilight, recon, because you can't stop the paparazzi. I walk around with these kodaks tryin to stop her from gettin her bosack, from gettin the bosack, from gettin the bosack. I know she no good but she good to me, I know she no good but she good to me."

What is the name of the song that played during the episode when Huey fought Rukus? It was played around the middle of the episode and then at the very end. Sounded like the usual hip hop beats used on the show,

Back