The Black Donnellys

hmarx20

Reaction score
Does anyone know the name and artist of the song that played in the background during the commercial for The Black Donnelly's? It was a male voice and kind of alternative sounding. The only words that played are:

All that you are is all
Hold on to what you've got

So, I'm sure everyone saw this week's episode of Heros. Well, NBC advertised a new show called Black Donnellys and a song can be heard on the commercial that sounded really good. Here is the link to the commercial on youtube. Does anyone know who the band is?

Thanks for the help,
Evan

Originally posted by aeio540@Feb 7 2007, 09:04 AM
I think it's by a band called the Mudmen.

Then I think it could be:

"Lost" by The Mudmen

Get it at Amazon.

All that you are is not
All that you forgot
hold on to what you got (x2))

awesome -- great job finding that! Thanks so much! :)

Anyone been to a Cinemark movie theatre lately? Twenty minutes before the show you go to see starts they play previews of new shows. I saw a preview for the black donnely's and it ran roughly five or so minutes long. I know one of the songs used in that promo was "Shipping Up To Boston" by the Dropkick Murpheys, but I am wondering what the last song played is...sounds like it could be Enya, but it could be something totally different. Any clues?

Originally posted by Jamala@Feb 9 2007, 12:00 AM
Anyone been to a Cinemark movie theatre lately? Twenty minutes before the show you go to see starts they play previews of new shows. I saw a preview for the black donnely's and it ran roughly five or so minutes long. I know one of the songs used in that promo was "Shipping Up To Boston" by the Dropkick Murpheys, but I am wondering what the last song played is...sounds like it could be Enya, but it could be something totally different. Any clues?
Without lyrics or a vid url it is a needle in a haystack after that a snowball on the sun.

;) :eek: :huh: :D

It has been answered in another post now. It is by The Mudmen called Lost. I did a lyric search and the words I posted aren't even in the song you mentioned. You must be thinking of a different commercial.

There's a new promo out, focusing on the character of Tommy Donnelly. It's got a gorgeous strings piece playing in it. It may be original score; I'm not sure. I can't find it anywhere on the web yet (I think it's new), but if/when I do I'll post it here.

Can anybody name the song that is featured in commercials for NBC's new show 'The Black Donnellys'? It's an irish/rockish song (even sounds a little like 30 Seconds From Mars) but I can't figure it out. Thanks!

seeing how it is called "Cinemark Exclusive First Look"...there is no YouTube or other available link to this than to go to the theatre and see...unless someone here likes to pirate those, lol. still looking....as i said before, it's about 5 minutes long, and includes the mudmen and dropkick murpheys songs, but has a choral/instrumental piece as well, and that is what i am looking for

The song you are looking for is by Nuttin but stringz...called Thunder...the reason i know this is because they played it on Noggin (kids program) and I loved it. I heard it last night for the Black Donnaleys (sp?) promo. I hope this helps!

Merged.

(Even though it seems like the network is running several different ads/songs for this show.)

I'm sorry but isn't

Nuttin But Stringz - Thunder

severly sampling the "Sweet Dreams" melody?

Back