Switchfoot

ZoneDEE23

Reaction score
Well I love the band Switchfoot, and I was just wondering what genre of music they're considered, I have heard that they are a "Christian Rock" band is that true?

I know that they are all Christian's, but that doesn't mean that they have to a Christian Rock band :huh: .

Your help is much appreciated; THaNX. I'll just hang up and listen. :D

Switchfoot started out as a Christian Rock band, but has sort of drifted into more of a mainstream rock band within the last year and a half.

The band Jars of Clay sort of did this for a while as well, but have since returned to being a Christian band.

I love Jars of Clay -- haven't listened to them in years, but did all during college. Then, and DC Talk, but didn't they break up?

we can't forget the best christian rock band EVAH...stryper

:lol: better yet, i can't forget those stripey tight pants the lead singer used to wear in the videos -- :blink: UGH!

those were the days...see...i just didn't see the work of Jesus in the black and yellow spandex. maybe it's just me.

just realized i'm mixing up the lead singer from Winger with the group Stryker -- either way, they all wore black/yellow stripey pants! How scary! :lol:

Originally posted by michelle@Jul 15 2004, 08:37 AM
I love Jars of Clay -- haven't listened to them in years, but did all during college. Then, and DC Talk, but didn't they break up?
DcTalk News Posted: Feb 25 2004, 02:46 AM
Michael Tait On Dctalk Future
“Are you guys broken up?” The last statement we made was, “We’re taking a break”. Nothing's been said since then, nothing's changed since then, so I don’t know why people still ask that. We made an album, Intermission, which means: the theater is taking a break, and nothing's changed. I think people assume that because Tait has another album out, dc Talk must be through. But to answer your question, no, we’re having a great time exploring. I’ve always said from the beginning of dc Talk- “We will evolve until we dissolve”. This is another step in the evolution of dc talk. - Michael Tait

Back