Suzuki

Richtpt

Reaction score
A commercial for the Suzuki XL-7 is currently running in the US (at least here int he Pacific Northwest) that features the song "Route 66". Anyone know who does this version? Thanks!

Rich

Psycho840

Reaction score
I think that version is sung by "Asleep at the Wheel" I dunno which albun tho, it might be on songs of route 66

Rye Catcher

Reaction score
A friend asked if I knew about who recorded the version of Route 66 in a (he thinks) new Chevy commercial. I looked back at the posts and saw a reference to a Suzuki commercial but I doubt that he could mix up those two companies.

Anyone seen this one? I have not, so I'm afraid I can't provide more details.

Thanks!

UPDATE:

It was the Suzuki commercial. My bad.

In the immortal words of Emily Litella: Never Mind.

Goblackbird

Reaction score
The new Subaru TV spot shows the car (a Forester?) in a variety of out west scenes dominated by highway motels, drive-ins, etc with large Subaru specific signs. The music is an arrangment of Rt. 66 by ? Anybody know this particular group and/or arrangment? Thanks.

Rye Catcher

Reaction score
JCA-

Thanks for making order out of chaos (and answering the question along the way)

Cheers.

jca

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Rye Catcher@Feb 12 2004, 03:42 PM
Thanks for making order out of chaos (and answering the question along the way)
No problem. ;)

lamontlewis

Reaction score
This version of Route 66 really rocks! I'm a jazz enthusiast, and never considered even listening to another version of Route 66. But, to my pleasant surprise, I really think I like this version as much as Nat King Cole's version. Does anyone know the name of the album, or perhaps download site (heaven forbid I suggest a free download site.). :unsure:

Lamont

michelle

Pro Member
Reaction score
did you read JCA's post? He gives you a link to the album.

Also, we don't allow public discussion of file trading and file trading tips. Please keep those topics to PM or Email.