Song I Heard -- Answered

hummer1745

Reaction score
Ok So i was in a McDonalds today and i heard a song... It was definately an older sounding song, sung by at least one male artist, and at certain intervals there were very catchy sounds like bells or something. It is definately a very famous song and i had heard it before. I am just asking for yall to randomly name some songs that fit this description in hopes that i may one day find it. Also i am hoping that i will once again visit that McDonalds in hopes of hearing the song and find its name....... Any help at all on this will be appriciated... Thank you.

Do you remember maybe just a phrase or two that you could google? Any guesses as to who the vocalist sounded like? Um...slow or fast? Other instruments besides the catchy-bell sound?

Thats what i was trying to find out in the first place, but it was right at lunch time and it was very noisy, so hopefully ill get a chance to go back there and listen for it again. So the only parts that i could destinuish was that at least one male was singing, so it may be a group artist, and that the very recognizable part to it sounded like sort of bells, although im sure the sound was not created with real bells. Again, its a very famous song as im sure almost everyone who has been to this site has heard it atleast once, and some will have it, so please just post any ideas at all that may fit the description.

When you go back ask the manager if they pipe music in from a specific McDonald's Corporate supplied CD, a radio station, etc...

Here are two very random guesses. They're both popular songs/bands that have stood the test of time, but I doubt they'd be playing these at McDonald's during the lunch rush. You never know though! :D

"Hells Bells" by AC/DC
"For Whom The Bell Tolls" by Metallica

Im pretty sure the song wont even have the word "bells" in its name, i was just using that word to describe the music. Please, anyone who looks at this topic, just post one completely random guess that may pertain, even remotely to the descriptions above. I have to know this song or i will die!!!!

you say it was an older sounding song. how old? oldies old? or 80's, 90's??

did it sound like rock? techno? classical? etc???

Originally posted by hummer1745+Jun 15 2005, 09:19 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (hummer1745 @ Jun 15 2005, 09:19 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>...there were very catchy sounds like bells or something...randomly name some songs that fit this description[/b]
Originally posted by ad-rock@Jun 16 2005, 01:35 PM
"Hells Bells" by AC/DC
"For Whom The Bell Tolls" by Metallica
<!--QuoteBegin-hummer1745
@Jun 16 2005, 10:01 PM
I’m pretty sure the song wont even have the word "bells" in its name, I was just using that word to describe the music.[/quote]
Those songs do have "catchy sounds like bells" in them (they have bells), not just the word in the title. They were some randomly named songs just like you asked for. <_<

Anyway, here are some more...

"Working In The Coal Mine" by Lee Dorsey

"Chain Gang" by Sam Cooke

Thank you all so much for guessing but none of those are the one im looking for, although they were all very good guesses. I think the one im looking for is much more of an up-tempo, rock song, that probably could have been from anytime between the 60s to there being a very slim chance in the very early 90s, but my bet is that its 70s to 80s. I know this will be practically impossible for me to find, but thanks again for at least looking.

Well what do ya know, i found it. It's a long story, but after searching the web i found it's Steppin' Out by Joe Jackson. Thanx alot for ur time, i think u deserve a break.

well its more like a xylaphone (however you spell it), but thats practically bells (it was over alot of noise in a mcdonalds).

Back