Saab 9-3 Convertible (2 girls)

pbyhistorian

Reaction score
This is all from my riddled memory:

The commercial is about a year old. It features two attractive women in their mid-20's driving a car (convertible?) in the desert. I seem to recall that they stop by the side of the road for some reason. The commercial ends with them driving away from the viewer down the deserted highway.

I believe the commercial was about some kind of alcohol (not beer or wine).

The music is a song that was briefly popular on the radio maybe a year before (2002?). It was modern pop rock, with a young woman (voice doubled?) handling the vocals - a fast, fun song.

Does anyone remember this commercial and the name of the song?

It may be a 2002 commercial for SAAB; a yellow convertible in which the two girls pass a bus or train, stop, and then pass it again.

The lyrics may be "Watch me now, as I'm leaving you behind me.....which way the wind blows, I know when it's time to go." (Thanks to Rachel's post on dollarshort.org.)

All the replies I've found seem to indicate it was commissioned by SAAB and is not publicly available, although one person claimed to have the 30-second clip.

Anyone know where to get it? I've even forgotten how it goes.

This may be the "Behind The Bus" spot that aired in Feb, 2002. The Saab is silver. Several Italian sites mention it, saying the artist was commissioned or was AA.VV. or the Jungle Brothers. The latter are a rap band - not the artist I'm looking for. Not sure what "AA.VV." stands for, in Italian.

BTW, this spot was produced by Lowe Brindfors (Stockholm). It can be purchased from adforum.com, but you can't preview it first. Does anyone know if the music in this commercial featured a female singer?

Did you try contacting Saab or the ad's producers? They can say it wasn't their ad or give the info on the music... worth a shot.

I remember the song

Michelle,

I already have Lowe's website on my screen, but I have to wait until I get home to send the e-mail. I hope they'll tell me who the artist is.

I think your link to the earlier post has cinched it. With the lyrics, the tune is flitting just beyond the edge of my memory. It may drive me to buy a copy of the commercial (can't believe I just said that!).

Thank you. Hopefully I can return all the vital info soon.

i hadn't thought of this commercial until i finally realized which one you were asking about... then i remembered how much i LOVED that song ... And, now i'm kind of sad that i don't have it. :p

crossing my fingers for some good news from the agency.

The commercial is a bit old. Its a Saab 9-3 Convertible commercial with 2 girls inside the car and driving in an open road. The commercial aired in like 2001. I know this sounds liek a hopeless search but Il give it a shot here.

-Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Unfortunately it's written specifically for the commercial. :(

Back