Rice Krispies

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone knew what song is playing during the new commercial for Kellog's Rice Krispie's. The advertisement is filmed in black and white and is of a little girl in glasses going around and giving christmas themed rice krispie treats to various people. The song that they use is sung by a female and has the line, "I spy with my little eye," in it.

Anyone else curious?

I also would like to know who sings on the Rice Krispies ad

um yes I too was wondering who this was too

I have search Corinne bailey rae, Feist, Colbie Caillat as they have a similar sound and nothing

so I contacted Kellogs in regards to this commercial and this was my response

The background music in this particular commercial was an original composition created for this spot.

Maybe if more people ask for it they will release the song.

I know that happened to one of the commercial here in canada, and they finally released the song to the public.

Cudos on contacting the company! I hope that they release more information on it if people show more interest.

I worked on this spot, it was a custom job and redone en francais by a quebec artist. I'll see if I can post the artist name tomorrow.

Originally posted by rand_mcnally@Nov 25 2007, 04:21 PM
I worked on this spot, it was a custom job and redone en francais by a quebec artist. I'll see if I can post the artist name tomorrow.
oh really?

could you please please please???? That would be so awesome. they're playing it a lot these days

I'm the writer who wrote the commercial and I can confirm that the music was written specifically for the spot. It's lovely, huh? Sadly, there isn't a full version of the song. But, it HAS happened before that consumer demand for a full song has prompted the advertiser to commission a full version of a song from the performer. This happened with a Cheer commercial I wrote. The performer in the Cheer commercial was Lisa Dalbello, and you can read about that event in her Wikipedia entry: "She performed the song "Always" for the Cheer detergent commercial "Coming Home" that aired in 2003, which was so popular and garnered so many inquires, that Cheer commissioned her to do a full length version which they made available for download from their website."

So! If you contact Kellogg's, you never know what you may get. :)

so is there any new news on whether this will be coming out as a recording? does anyone have a link to the commercial so I can listen to the song?

there was a rice krispies commercial that was played around christmas where this little girl went around giving out rice krispie squares she made with her mom, and they are all deocrated and the commercial is in black and white and the song is something "i spy with my little eye...." somthing or other after that...yah the commerical also was advertising the free shape cutters you got in the box with the cereal

Back