Playtex bras

thenewlindens

Reaction score
Anyone know that song that girl is lip-synching with? " I wanna thank you for letting me be myself...again...and again...."? I really like it!

Hey there,

I searched around on Amazon, and it looks like the song is called "Thank You For Letting Me Be Myself" (surprise, surprise!) and the artist could be one of the following:

Kid Creole & The Coconuts
Maceo Parker & All The Kings Men
Sly & The Family Stone

Hope that helps!

Jess

Originally posted by thenewlindens@Aug 30 2004, 03:33 PM
Yeah! That was it SLY & THE FAMILY... THANK YOU
Actually Sly Stone wrote the song, but that is not him singing it. They must have hired a studio band to cover it.

Originally posted by bigpoppa+Sep 1 2004, 04:14 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (bigpoppa @ Sep 1 2004, 04:14 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-thenewlindens@Aug 30 2004, 03:33 PM
Yeah! That was it SLY & THE FAMILY... THANK YOU
Actually Sly Stone wrote the song, but that is not him singing it. They must have hired a studio band to cover it. [/b][/quote]
"Face the Music Recasts Sly and the Family Stone for Playtex

Face the Music’s Tony Shimkin gave a funky new twist to the Sly and the Family Stone classic Thank You (Falletinme Be Mice Elf Agin) in scoring a new spot for Playtex. The spot, out of Kraftworks, New York, introduces Playtex’ “Thank goodness it fits” line, the first to include half-size bras. Adam Joseph was executive producer for Face the Music.

In the spot, French model and actress Noemie Lenoir dances to the rejuvenated ‘70s anthem. It ends with the tagline, “Half size too for a more perfect fit.” Shimkin set out to preserve the essence of the song’s ‘70s style funkiness while placing it in a more contemporary context. “I’m a big fan of that song,” recalled Shimkin. “I’m a bass player by nature and that song is all about the bass line; every hook is played by the bass.”

Shimkin recorded versions of the song with male and female vocalists and ultimately decided to blend the two with the male voice taking the lead. “Although the spot is for Playtex, we felt there was no reason it couldn’t be a man’s voice singing,” he said. “Yet, we really liked the effect of mixing the female vocals into the chorus. In the end, we recorded a second female vocalists and mixed her vocals in as well. That made the chorus sound big and kept the ‘family’ in the Sly and the Family Stone vibe.”"

Whats the name of the song in the Playtex Bra Commercial (for nearly a b and c sizes) and the song goes "I wanna thank you for letting me be myself"? Thanks

Back