Paxo stuffing

kookoobirdz

Reaction score
Who sings that rock-steady-ish-sounding version of "I'm in the Mood for Love" that's playing in some current tv commercial? I know it's tough to ask without knowing what commercial it is, but it has seeped into my head unconsciously and all I can remember is that it's a current commercial. It's driving me nuts and I must find the song.

The song is the familiar "I'm in the Mood for Love" but it sounds like a cover done in rock steady style (that genre between ska and reggae, with a beat speed halfway between those two). It sounds very old and simple. The recording might even be a little scratchy, like a vintage record. The guy has a bit of an accent and it's very laid back. I think the only part of the song in the commercial is "I'm in the mood for love, simply because you're near me. Simply because you're near me, I'm in the mood for love."

Arrrrrgh, anybody know what commercial I'm talking about? That'd help me track it down.

Holy cow, just got an answer on another site. That was quick. It's "I'm in the Mood for Ska" by Lord Tanamo & the Skatalites. Ahhhh, so satisfying.

Still not sure what commercial it's from, but I guess I don't care anymore now that I know who sings it.

Back