Old Laundry Detergent Commercial Bossa Nova Type Instrumentals

clocksnmirrors

Reaction score
Hi there.
I'm trying to track down the name of the song featured in a laundry detergent commercial from years ago. I can't remember which brand of soap.
There was a guy who puts some soiled article of clothing in a shaker. I can't remember if he does it once or twice. He never says anything just shakes the shaker then takes out the clean item.

The music is instrumental. Sounds like a bass saxophone I think. The rhythm is kind of lounge music bossa nova style?

Anyone remember this?

I also heard that same song in an episode of the sitcom "Samantha Who". It was season 1 episode 2 during a bar scene. The end credits did not show the name of the song.

Hi there.
I'm trying to track down the name of the song featured in a laundry detergent commercial from years ago. I can't remember which brand of soap.
There was a guy who puts some soiled article of clothing in a shaker. I can't remember if he does it once or twice. He never says anything just shakes the shaker then takes out the clean item.

The music is instrumental. Sounds like a bass saxophone I think. The rhythm is kind of lounge music bossa nova style?

Anyone remember this?

I also heard that same song in an episode of the sitcom "Samantha Who". It was season 1 episode 2 during a bar scene. The end credits did not show the name of the song.

It sounds to me like your describing one of the famous "Cheer Man" laundry detergent commercials from the late 1980s to early 1990s. You can see the Cheer commercial you described mentioned here:

Cheer "Cocktail Shaker"
The first definitive soap opera. A bespeckled, tuxedoed little guy, played by an actor named Jobe Cerney, smudges his handkerchief. Pops it in a fancy cocktail shaker. Sprinkles in a little Cheer. Shakes it up, baby. An operatic air plays in the background. Voila! Clean! Very wry. Very Euro. Who'd've thunk P&G would ever run something this good? Cerney was, believe it or not, the voice of Burnett's Poppin' Fresh Doughboy for Pillsbury! There was a series of these wonderful messages.

Cheer Detergent, Proctor & Gamble
Agency: Leo Burnett Company
Writer: Jennifer LeMay
Director: LeRoy Koetz
Music: from Catalani's La Wally

That link mentions the ad is using an aria from "La Wally" by Alfredo Catalani. I'm unable to find video of that specific Cheer ad, but you can see many in that same series of ads on YouTube including this one:

Back