Nike tennis instructor

hia_wata

Reaction score
hi,

looking for the song thats in nike's commercial "tennis instructor" in sweden. it's not the song that you can find inte the commercial at nikespeed.com (he needs me). they sing "i adore you..." in it.

anyone know it?

the commercial is the non uk version, i found it on nikespeed.com now

the music is where like "he needs med", soft piano music. but they sing "i adore you" over and over... it's a really crapy recording at the website so i cant here the rest of the lyric. have to wait until i se it on tv

the song is from the movie Popeye (gads, that's a good movie). it's called "He Needs Me" (very original) and was sung by Olive Oil in the movie. hope that helps.

is this the commercial where the girls turn into "venus" or i think it was serena williams at the end? i love that song also

Originally posted by Minority@Aug 15 2004, 09:51 AM
the song is from the movie Popeye (gads, that's a good movie). it's called "He Needs Me" (very original) and was sung by Olive Oil in the movie. hope that helps.
thats the song in the uk version. but there's another song in the non-uk(!) version where they sing "i adore you".

i want it! :)

Does the song sound exactly the same, just with the different words? Or a completely different song?

did you find a place to watch the non-UK version online?

I think we've established that "He Needs Me" isn't the song in the ad Hia-Wata is asking for.

it is though i have it.. it is identical to the commercial they pointed out at nikespeed.com except its good quality its called somethin like "punch drunk love" shelley duvall - he needs me

Originally posted by michelle@Aug 17 2004, 01:14 PM
Does the song sound exactly the same, just with the different words? Or a completely different song?

did you find a place to watch the non-UK version online?
go to nikespeed.com then change the language to french (click on the flag i the right corner of the site)

chose meny 2 (ressource-toi) -> meny 3 (clips) -> select tennis instructor 60 sec.

i think you can fint it on the regular nikespeed.com as well.

the song starts "i adore you..."

thats the one :)

Okay, I got that to work finally... But I don't recognize the song. Can you make out the other lyrics at all, besides "I adore" -- I can't understand them at all...

This should solve all of your problems, except for the lyrics...

And all at once I knew
I knew at once
I knew he needed me

Until the day I die
I won't know why
I knew he needed me

It could be fantasy, o-oh
Or maybe it's because

He needs me he needs me
He needs me he needs me
He needs me he needs me

Dah de da da da da da da da da da
Dah de da da da da da da da da dah

It's like a dime a dance
I'll take a chance
I will because he needs me

No one ever asked before
Before because they never needed me

[Popeye]
But I do

[back to normal]
But he does!

Maybe it's because he's so alone
Maybe it's because he's never had a home

He needs me he needs me
He needs me he needs me
He needs me he needs me

For once, for once in life
I've finally felt
That someone needed me

And if it turns out real
Then love can turn the wheel

Because

He needs me he needs me
He needs me he needs me
He needs me he needs me

He needs me he needs me
He needs me he needs me
He needs me he needs me

Dah de da da da da da da da da dum
Dah de da da da da da da da da dah

If you watch the non-US/non-UK version of this ad, it's NOT using "He Needs Me" by Nilsson. We've established that much... The lyrics and tune are different.

The singer sounds very much like Macy Gray (or someone who sounds just like her). It's very difficult to hear the lyrics over the girls grunting and talking, but here is what I could make out:

I adore you

(garbled words) so sweet...and you

I adore you

You are heaven

I can't believe it
I can't can't can't believe it

The ad ends at this point. I'm not sure about that last line. It could be "I can't behave". Anyway, I couldn't find these lyrics listed anywhere online. Perhaps it was created specifically for the commercial. Personally, I prefer the version with Shelley Duvall as Olive Oyl! "Popeye" (starring Robin Williams) was a miserable failure at the box office, but I thought it was rather sweet when it first came out. I saw it in the theater when I was a kid and I even bought the film book! (I like Popeye, not Robin Williams!)

Harry Nilsson's "He Needs Me" (as recorded by Shelley Duvall for Popeye) is featured in a long commercial for Nike which is currently showing in movie theaters.

this is what it says on HarryNilsson.com under news. dont kno if this helps.

Song Title: “I Adore You”
Composers: Redcola (Jonathan Paul & Damir Price)
Lyrics: Toddy Walters
Singer: Angela McCluskey
Publishers: Pashalina Publishing Company, and Tarmac 1331 Publishing
Administered by: Ten Music

that's the song. now i just need to find it :)

Back