MTV Commercial with woman playing piano (Aaliyah)?

Jonesy

Reaction score
I have seen a commercial on MTV recently that has a black woman playing the piano, and singing the words "Redemption Song". It's a very moving commercial.

If I remember correctly, the words "We Miss You" are shown on the screen at the end of the commercial.

All signs point to Aaliyah, since she died last summer, but as fas as I know, she never wrote or sang a song with those lyrics. I don't even know if she plays the paino.

I have googled every possible combonation searching for an answer to my question, and this is an absolute shot in the dark. But does anyone know what I am talking about? And does anyone know what song that is, and who sings it.

(I know that Bob Marley originally wrote "Redemption Song", but it sounded nothing like that).

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

I've seen Alicia Keys sitting at a piano playing a song, on MTV I think... Haven't really paid attention to what the "ad" is for though. :(

Originally posted by michelle@Feb 27 2004, 05:50 PM
I've seen Alicia Keys sitting at a piano playing a song, on MTV I think... Haven't really paid attention to what the "ad" is for though. :(
You're right, it's definetly Alicia Keys. I completelty overlooked that.

Thanks so much!

Another question -

Anyone know where I can find this song?

It's not on kazaa or itunes...

Thanks again

What is the name of the song? And, is it done by Alicia Keys?

Redemption Song

Written by Bob Marley, originally.

The commercial was aired on MTV during February, commemorating Black History Month.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

Oh okay, I thought you mentioned it sounded like "Redemption Song," didn't realize it actually was the song!

Anyway, I can't find any mention of this song other than it just being something Alicia Keys performs at the end of her live shows.

You may find more useful info by searching or asking around on an Alicia Keys fansite.

Back