McDonalds "Gibberish"

vsaxman

Reaction score
Does anyone know what the track is called for the new McDonalds commercial. It's the one with the male voice--vocalizing in gibberish with fast paced various syllabic alterations? I believe it is the ad for the new chicken strips or something like that!

Hell if I know.. but it sounds like Scatman to me. I've been lookin, let ya know if I find it.

hey remember when mcdonald's had that song for the bigmac? i used to play that damn record all the time learning the lyrics... good song.

You mean the "two all beef patties special sauce lettuce cheese pickles onions blah blah blah" one? Or the OLLLLD school, "I want a Bic Mac, McBLT, a quarter pounder with some cheese, a hamburger, cheeseburger, chicken oriental.." one? That one friggin kills me.. someone actually took a fast food menu and put it to music.. ROFL

the ingredients song -- i wonder if i have that record around somewhere? :unsure:

I'm not sure if we're talking about hte same record, but there was one where you got a 45 (for all you young'uns, a 45 is a record, as in LP, turntable...;) ) and there was a song, I think it was their menu, and you played it, and at teh end, if the singers did it right it would either say you won a million dollars or not or something...remember that one?

The look and feel of this commercial is extremely similar to Levi's 'Crazy Legs'. I wonder if McDonald's ad agency decided to use the same music ... but an instrumental version. Check out 'Si Senor' by Control Machete... this has some coarse vocals, but imagine it without.

becca

Originally posted by ragingfish@Sep 18 2003, 12:59 AM
I'm not sure if we're talking about hte same record, but there was one where you got a 45 (for all you young'uns, a 45 is a record, as in LP, turntable...;) ) and there was a song, I think it was their menu, and you played it, and at teh end, if the singers did it right it would either say you won a million dollars or not or something...remember that one?
Yeah, that was the one I was talking about up there ^ "Big Mac, McBLT, quarter pounder with some cheese.." and I was all gung ho at the ripe ol age of 7 to win that million dollars (I think the gimmickwas that you were sposed to learn the song and perform it right or something) so I took my little record with me everywhere we went.. and left it in the car one day.. and it got nice and warped. So then it was like "bwig MOCK mc BEEYAYTEE kwa-ta POW duh" all slow and drunk sounding. So frickin hilarious. I wonder if eBay would have that record..?

I really need to find out who did this song! I want to use it for a Winter Guard Show for my students. If anyone has any other ideas about how to find out this artist, please let me know ASAP!! Much Thanks!

Originally posted by epales007@Sep 18 2003, 07:33 AM
The look and feel of this commercial is extremely similar to Levi's 'Crazy Legs'. I wonder if McDonald's ad agency decided to use the same music ... but an instrumental version. Check out 'Si Senor' by Control Machete... this has some coarse vocals, but imagine it without.

becca
Did you check out Becca's suggestion?

Back