Looking for song in Amodium AD commercial?

nickrocks

Reaction score
Wanting to know the name of the song in an Imodium A-D commercial? The commercial has been around for about 6 months at least. The blonde hair girl is dancing in a music storeto this song. She sees another young guy watching her. This song is an older dance song w/ no words, from years ago. it might be a classical song. It has a good beat, whatever it is. Any help is appreciated!
B)

She has glasses and is dancing hot. then she realizes she has to go to the bathroom, lol.

The girl has head phones on and when she realizes she has to "go" she runs off with the headphones still on, right? I think I've seen something like that... But, I don't know the music... :unsure:

Saw the ad again twice tonight. The music is "Salsa" type with lots of horns and has no lyrics... I have no clue how to find out the song name (if it's not an original piece for the ad). You might just want to contact Imodium Customer Service and ask them if they know the ad agency that created the spot.

The drug Co. emailed me and said it was "created' for the commercial only. Well if anyone could download or record it for me let me know, and thanks!

Nick

they always say that just because they don't want to share. I can't tell you how many "original" pieces I've found on albums and whatnot. :/

I bet you are right rewep, because I could swear I heard it somewhere before!

Has anyone seen this commercial lately? If so, what show/network?

Ok I have recently seen this ad and was also struck by the music because I definately heard that tune before on a Latino radio station while travelling thru Orlando Fl a few weeks ago...

I suspect that the tune is performed by multiple artists (perhaps it is in the public domain) and that the publishing and sync rights were easily secured by the ad agency. It is one of those tunes like "lambada" or "feeling hot hot hot" that various artists have performed because it is so popular and generically representative of the latino music scene. If you have ever been to the Dominican Republic it sounds very much like that type of music which I believe is called "marenge" ...it's not salsa and definately not classical!

I searched the web in vain because I loved that festive sound and could not come up with the name but I did come close to sniffing out some more details...
Check out this web site from shootonline

http://www.shootonline.com/shootonline/thi...tent_id=2014092

The Ad agency that produced it is called "Alchemy" and it was edited by a company
called "Convergence" the 30 sec spot is entitled "music store". I can't find any reference to either the agency or the production house on the net other than these entries.

I have wasted as much time as I can afford on this search now but if you want to pick up the trail I would search for some Latino DJ services in the Miami area and ask them if they recognize this commercial and the tune and forward the web site above & other details. DJs love to show their expertise at "name that tune"!

Good luck in your search I'll check back on this forum if you come up with the name of the tune before I do.

Thanks for searching and finding this. I had a hard time finding any info. :D

I saw this ad, again, this morning during THE VIEW on ABC -- don't know if that helps, but you were asking. :)

I think that there may be something to the previous post that refered to the AD company's response when they say that it is "original", when you could swear you've heard it before...

I say this because I've heard when an ad tune will sound very similar to a well known tune but it may contain a different guitar riff or background beat or tempo or something that differentiates it enough to make it "substantially different" and therefore original. Then again perhaps this is part of the agreement that the company has worked out with the music artist in order to secure the rights to the song.

It may be in the interests of the music rights owner to sell a variation of the tune but not the exact likness of the original hit. Then again it may be a coincidence that a few bars sound similar...

Check out the tune "Lets Get Loud" by Jennifer Lopez - On the 6 album. It sounds very similar to the Imodium commercial. The commercial is only 30 seconds in length and sounds similar to the first portion of that song... what do you think?

Check out the clip at
http://music.barnesandnoble.com/search/pro...ean=74646935125

Originally posted by wallstreeter@Mar 22 2004, 11:39 PM
I say this because I've heard when an ad tune will sound very similar to a well known tune but it may contain a different guitar riff or background beat or tempo or something that differentiates it enough to make it "substantially different" and therefore original. Then again perhaps this is part of the agreement that the company has worked out with the music artist in order to secure the rights to the song.

It may be in the interests of the music rights owner to sell a variation of the tune but not the exact likness of the original hit. Then again it may be a coincidence that a few bars sound similar...
A la, the "Tusk" snafu. :)

J Lo's song does sound somewhat like this song. I did a search on Kazaa and nothing came up, under the names.
Well thanks again for the info, and I will keep searchin some!! :unsure:

:blink:

I have been looking for that song, too. This is what I've come up with:

New York-based Convergence cut "Music Store," a :30 for Imodium AD and New York agency Alchemy. The commercial features two strangers listening to songs on headphones in a music store while flirting with each other. As they begin dancing and getting into their flirting ritual, the woman is suddenly overcome with diarrhea cramps and exits abruptly, leaving the man looking completely foolish. Rich Rosenbaum of Convergence edited the comedic commercial, which was directed by Jeff Gorman of Hollywood-headquartered JGF.

Can't seem to come up with a CD, yet.

I vaguley remember this commercial, but can only think of "Bang Bang" by David Sanborn. It's so far back in my memory, it's probably not it, but lemme know if it is.

Still can't find info on this 'music store' song! Anybody have any other suggestions? :blink:

did you ever try contacting Immodium?

edit: Nevermind, you already said you did:
The drug Co. emailed me and said it was "created' for the commercial only. Well if anyone could download or record it for me let me know, and thanks!

I think this is a case where you have to take the company's word for it, that it was really just a song an agency created for the ad. Sometimes songs created for ads are inspired by "real" songs, and that could explain why it sounds familiar.

Back