Looking for a song for a kid's dance group

trixi20

Reaction score
I am a dance teacher looking for a slow-ish song for a group that has kids about 8-12 years old. I have been wracking my brain and can't come up with anything. Its for a slow ballet/lyrical dance. I welcome all ideas!

I too am a dance teacher. Do you have any idea on what kind of costume you'd like? Or do they have some kind of character you're going for? There are tons of beautiful classical songs, but I think it might help if you could narrow down what you're looking for. In the meantime, try anything by Philip Glass, Trans Siberian Orchestra, or Apocalyptica (they do classical versions of heavy metal songs). Also, look into soundtrack music by Hans Zimmer (Gladiator, Pirates movies, several others), Harry Gregson-Williams (Chronicles of Narnia), Klaus Badelt (Pirates movies and Poseidon), James Newton Howard (Peter Pan and several others), Alex Wurman (March of the Penguins), or Simon Boswell (Midsummer Nights Dream).

Hope that helps!

The Moldau by Smetana is very lyrical and if you tell the story along with the music it makes perfect sense. I think it's beautiful and would be an excellent choice. :)

Back