Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events

Hello,

I was watching the theatrical trailer for the movie "Lemony Snicket's: A Series of Unfortunate Events" and I know that the second half of the film uses the theme from "Edward Scissorhands" but haven't yet found what the first half uses. I'll link you to the quicktime format of the trailer in just a second, but listen up until the line "...and it's my duty to tell you their tale." Then he'll press the final key on the typewriter and the "Edward Scissorhands" music starts. Could anyone tell me what the music is up until he says that line?

Thanks, here's the link:

http://www.apple.com/trailers/paramount/le...ical_large.html

~*Neal*~

Well first I just thought I'd say this is a horrible film. Anyway if your looking for the trailer music here it is in order:

The Road to Wellville (1994)
Rachel Portman
Edward Scissorhands (1990)
Danny Elfman - Trailer #1
Addams Family Values (1993)
Marc Shaiman - Trailer #1
Pay It Forward (2000)
Thomas Newman - Trailer #2
Edward Scissorhands (1990)
Danny Elfman - Trailer #2
Addams Family Values (1993)
Marc Shaiman - Trailer #2
Mousehunt (1997)
Alan Silvestri - Trailer #2

Thank you for going to all that work! :D But, I was only looking for the one track, and on iTunes I played every song on 'Pay It Forward', but since they each only have 30 seconds for the sample, it could be any number of them (many sounded similar to what I want)! Since you said it was in order (the list you gave me), either its 'The Road to Wellville' or something off of 'Pay It Forward' ... so we've narrowed it down a bit, if anyone else can help be that'd be great!

Thanks a bunch, axcollin, you've helped me get closer!

I might add this song I'm looking for, wasn't just in the 'LS:ASOUE' trailer, but also in either a credit card or insurance company TV ad as well.

Thanks,

...and can anyone else help me further,

~*Neal*~

OMG! Nevermind, I think I just found it, I found online where they had all those CDs and Composers listed that you copied here, and I am now sure "Possibility" by Thomas Newman is it!

Thanks,

~*Neal*~

Great! I still think "Lemony Snickets" sucks. Anyway, can you be more specific about that tittle for the other film you're looking for, am not sure i've heard of it.

What other film, axcollin? Point me to where I mentioned it and I'll clarify it for you!

~*Neal*~

I might add this song I'm looking for, wasn't just in the 'LS:ASOUE' trailer, but also in either a credit card or insurance company TV ad as well.

Did you mean you've already found this? "LS:ASOUE" anyway...

bring it back from the dead because i need to know the music

What I was looking for was called "Desert Drive" by Thomas Newman. ... it was NOT "Possibility".

Re: Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events

Is it "In the Hall of the Mountain King" by Edvard Grieg?

Re: Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events

Hello everyone, i've been tracking down trailer music for quite a while now, and i thought i'd let you all know, that i've found nearly the entire score of THIS TRAILER: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4RzVt8mNHA

"Possiblity" BY Thomas Newman (0:02-0:31)
"Theme" BY Danny Elfman-Edward Scissorhands OST (0:31-0:56)
"Opening Theme" BY Alan Silvestri-Mouse Hunt OST (1:00-1:13)
"Debbie's Big Scene" BY Marc Shaiman-Addams Family Values (1:16-1:41)
"Opening Theme" BY Alan Silvestri-Mouse Hunt OST (1:41-2:05)

Here's an instrumental video of the same trailer that i made using these tracks, do a comparison and check out some of my other trailer videos.

Back