Last Good Movie You Saw

Hmmm....not that I know of. His cameo in the Village was nice and short as well. I've never seen his 2 movies before the Sixth Sense so I don't know to what extent he acts in those ones.

Originally posted by goodasgold@Jun 17 2008, 11:24 PM
Shyamalan needs to keep himself out of movies.
LOL. I misread this statement. I thought you were saying he should quit the business entirely.

Ok, ok. You meant just the acting.

As for the Lady in the Water, this was so horribly bungled.

Hint: It is the poor man's version of Adaptation which was the very dirt poor man's verson of Fellini's 8 1/2.

Originally posted by Na_Pali_Coast_Kauai@Jun 18 2008, 03:01 PM
As for the Lady in the Water, this was so horribly bungled.

Hint: It is the poor man's version of Adaptation which was the very dirt poor man's verson of Fellini's 8 1/2.
A movie adapted from another movie? :eek:

^ They are three very different movies with three very different story lines, but they belong the the same archetype. ;)

The archetype here being films that reference themselves. Think of Ouroboros, the serpent that devours itself. :rolleyes:

Sense and Sensibility (2008) 8.6/10. I still prefer the 1995 Ang Lee version, but this one was very good as well. I also thought the opening scene felt out of place from the tone of the rest of the movie. They didn't need to put that scene in at all.

Wall-E is on my list but I hardly go to the movies anymore. I just get them from Netflix. I'm slowing down in my old age. :lol:

I saw Big on tv recently. That movie never fails to entertain, plus it has heart. :heart:

I'd also like to add that it has an amazing soundtrack (though way too short). The track titled "All that Love's About" is one of the most moving pieces I've heard on a score and its barely 40 seconds long. That probably also has to do with the scene during which the music is playing, but I'm just a big softy when it comes to movies :p

Hancock.........much better than expected but wasn't expecting much.

Anyone seen Wanted yet? Looking forward to that one so it'll prolly suck. :lol:

I heard it was good actually.

Almost saw Hancock yesterday but I got lazy. :p

Hellboy 2. 8/10. There was some drunk guy at the movie so I couldn't enjoy the movie as much.

The Dark Knight - 10/10. I totally geeked out over this movie. Loved it. :woo: :nerd: :wave:

I thought the first one was good. But the Dark Knight was really great I think. Especially with the way Heath Ledger played the Joker. I think he deserves all the accolades he's been getting for the way he played this character.

Batman 9.0/10 - For once, a movie worth all the hype. Heath Ledger was like Daniel-Day-Lewis-in-Gangs-of-New-York good; if nothing else, see for the Joker. ;) Cliche review, I know, but there it is.

Across the Universe 8.5/10 - Very bizarre. I'll admit, I didn't understand a lot of choices the director made in the sequencing of this film, the 'everybody was high in the 60s' theme was a little too played out, but overall it was a beautiful movie. Great soundtrack too. :) The gospel version of 'Let it Be' was amazing.

Beowulf 2.0/10 - The only thing I liked about this movie was how realistic everything looked despite it being entirely digital. Other than that, the characters were dull and it was too gory for my taste.

Two of the last three good movies I saw involved Parker Posey (god I love her).

House of Yes - 10/10 : This movie was probably the most bizarre black comedy I've seen. Part of this movie involves a JFK assassination fetish. Really weird, but hilariously funny.

Broken English - 9/10 : Cute little movie about finding love when you least expect it, and taking chances to let yourself give into it. Total chick flick, though. Kind of reminded me of Stardust a bit, minus the fantasy aspect.

Paris, je t'aime - 9/10 : This is a collection of film shorts from major, international directors. All these stories are about love in some capacity (and not always the good kind) in the city of love, Paris. Some of the stories were weird, but otherwise a very effective "feel good" movie.

I actually got to go to the movies for once and we saw Batman. I loved it!! Great movie. I don't understand though why once the batsuit came on that he had to lower his voice and spoke like he was constipated.. :confused: That was my only gripe.

Its a well known fact that the batsuit causes constipation and the lowered voice is a side effect of all the cool bat drugs he does. ;)

Back