Las Vegas tourism

nan

Reaction score
I'm trying to find out the name of the song from a Las Vegas tourism commercial. The words are "Ask me no questions, I'll tell you no lies". Does anyone know the name of the sone and who is singing it? Thanks!!

Well, the lyrics you provided match up to a song called "Ask Me No Questions," which was originally sung by a group called Kindred Spirit. You can find their album containing this song on Amazon here.

This song was covered by the Bangles on their (2003 come-back?) album Doll Revolution, which you can find on Amazon here.

I have seen the most recent Las Vegas ad, but don't remember the music... so, can anyone confirm the above info??

Ok, I accepted a challenge from my mother. She challenged me to find out who sings the song from the Vegas commercial with the asian lady writing something and then she smudges it out and writes something different. The lyrics- the only ones my mother heard- were "Ask me no questions and I'll tell you no lies". She said the song is kind of haunting in the melody. If I can find out this information-then she will be finally convinced that yes-you can find out anything about anything on the internet.
Please help me in my battle.
<_<

User Tip: You can also use Adtunes.com Search feature! It's kind of tricky when searching for phrases beginning with only three letters, like "Las" in Las Vegas -- but you can add an underscore before the Las, like this -> _las vegas <- into the search field, and it will make the search work!

Anyway, this was asked about in a previous thread. And, Eiklin got the same results as I did...

"Ask Me No Questions" was originally sung by a group called Kindred Spirit. You can find their album containing this song on Amazon here.

This song was covered by the Bangles on their (2003 come-back?) album Doll Revolution, which you can find on Amazon here. You can hear a sample of the song here.

I'm only assuming this is the same song as heard in the ad. I really can't remember.

Hope that helps you out. :)

EDIT: I found it. It is The Mummydogs cover of Johnny Thunders "Ask Me No Questions."

If anyone is interested, here is the Mummydogs' website. You can see the commercial/hear the song on their site.

My original post:

I don't think this commercial airs much anymore, but it one of those "Only in Las Vegas" commercials with a Japanese woman writing a letter or something.

The lyrics are
Ask me no questions, I'll tell you no lies
Ask me no questions, I'll be yours tonight
I looked up the lyrics, and it appears to be a Johnny Thunders song, but when I downloaded it, it wasn't the same vocals as in the commercial.

Anyone know who is singing in the commercial?

Sounds like lynyrd skynyrd - don't ask me no questions,
you can find it on kazaa easy.

Originally posted by Needles@May 1 2004, 12:17 AM
Sounds like lynyrd skynyrd - don't ask me no questions,
you can find it on kazaa easy.
Tried that one, but it's not it.

The song in the commercial is really mellow and the guy singing has a really twangy voice much like Dwight Yoakam.

Thanks for replying though.

I found it. It is The Mummydogs' cover of Johnny Thunders "Ask Me No Questions."

If anyone is interested, here is the Mummydogs' website. You can see the commercial/hear the song on their site.

Back