Kmart Winter Warm-Up sale commercial

annikan42

Reaction score
Does anyone know the song used in the Kmart winter warm-up sale commercial? It is a female singing, sounds like an old christmas/holiday song. Please help!

The lyrics are: "I love the winter weather, so the two of us can get together, cause I've got my love to keep me warm"

A song called "Winter Weather" by Squirrel Nut Zippers has those exact lyrics. I haven't seen the ad, so I can't verify if that's who's singing in the ad. Link goes to available audio sample, track 1.

Actually, that is neither Ella Fitzgerald, nor the song "I've got my love to keep me warm". It's most likely Peggy Lee singing with the Benny Goodman orchestra and the song is called "Winter Weather", though it does feature a reference lyric to the song "I've got my love to keep me warm".

I love the winter weather
So the two of us can get together
There's nothing sweeter, finer
When it's nice and cold, I can hold
My baby closer to me
And collect all of the kisses that are due me
I love the winter weather
'Cause I got my love to keep me warm

The song was also popularly recorded by Jo Stafford, but I don't think that Ella ever recorded it. Why do I know this? It's one of my all-time favorite winter songs, and I've got several versions of it on original albums.

Originally posted by woodsprite@Oct 30 2004, 05:19 AM
It's most likely Peggy Lee singing with the Benny Goodman orchestra and the song is called "Winter Weather".
Audio sample of the song available from Amazon.com, track 6. Also available for download from .

Back