Jeep

Originally posted by cartmill72@May 5 2007, 07:31 PM
I love the song, too - if it is the same commercial I'm thinking of.

I think it is "Time of Our Lives" by Paul Van Dyk from his 2003 album Reflections.

Sounds pretty close to it anyway.
for the record and the Adtunes search engine:

Get it at Amazon.

:rolleyes:

so there's this new jeep commercial out that advertises all the newest jeeps - i think U.N.K.L.E. is the song, but i forgot the name of the song. i might be wrong on the artist, but i'm pretty sure it's UNKLE... anyone?

and now that i think about it, the song is PvD - Paul Van Dyk... still can't remember the name.

i just saw a new commercial for Jeep. i'm not exactly sure which make it was advertising but i think the majority of the commercial showed Jeep Liberties (?).

the commercial is showing people driving around in different settings including a kind of forest (or maybe just a place with a lot of trees...lol). in the song they say something about "...this is the time" or "it's the time" or something.

any help?! please let me know the artist/song! thanx.

Wow I just wanted to thank those for this thread! I have seen that Jeep commercial 2-3 times and went "that song....what is it...i've heard it before".

You guys have found the correct song; and I have a little more information to add to this thread that might help you narrow it down a little further.

The song was also used in the movie: Into the Blue with paul walker and jessica alba. That is where I had heard the song first and the jeep commercial was driving me nuts because I couldn't place the song but I knew if i reconized it (not from radio) then more then likely it was a movie I heard it in.

I'm one of those guys that really enjoys movies (even if it is dumb) and have seen all of my movies at least 5-7 times (total collection=100+).

ANYWAY I did some research on the movie soundtrack and cdnow.com or amazon.com did not have a listing :blink: .

That seems to have yet another title to the same song; another remix I would assume. But from what I heard in the Jeep commercial and in that movie it might be THE song everyone is looking for.

BTW-I just joined this forum (i'm in like 5 car forums) basically to thank you guys for this thread. I'll keep an eye on this thread but I doubt I'll be on here for much more.

Ian

hey! the song in the Jeep commercial "time of our lives" in on the Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants soundtrack.

I just saw this ad for Jeep. It shows a whole bunch of didferent people offroading and camping and doing other outdoor things in their different jeeps. It then ends with the words

YOUR GREATEST MOMENTS
OUR GREATEST LINE-UP

the song was awesome and I am dying to figure out what it is. Does anyone know?

The song is "Time of Our Lives" by Paul Van Dyk. The version on the jeep commercial can be heard here:

(it isn't the techno version)

Looking for the song in the Jeep Wrangler, I believe, ads.

Some lyrics: "There is a time to let go....there's a time for holding on..."

The song is actually Paul Van Dyk feat Vega4 (the singer on the track) and their album "You and Others" is coming out on the 7th of August in the USA. Well worth a grab.

Its already out in the UK and Europe.

Cheers

I've now seen two ads with Jeep's new "Have Fun Out There" tagline. They both feature timelines of famous historical landmarks with Jeep, leading up to the new Powertrain Warranty.

Each of these use two different pieces of music.

One of them is from the Jeep radio ads I've heard, a medium tempo instrumental with a distinct building distorted guitar arpeggio line and ends with a softer acoustic guitar and bass. That music may be original or not?

The other sounds like it's from U2-type band -- starts with fast moving piano chords and then the echo-ey guitars come in with a Bono-like wail over it.

Anybody know what these two tunes are?

THANKS.

The only Jeep ads I've seen lately with lyrics feature the song "Time of Our Lives" by Paul Van Dyk. Great tune.

The song is "Time of Our Lives" written by Paul Van Dyk and sung by John McDaid.

If you look (as I did) you'll find there are a number of mixes available. Four are available on the single, "Time of Our Lives/Connected" by Paul van Dyk featuring Vega 4. They're all good, but not the one in Jeep commercial. The "Jeep" mix (as we'll call it) is a bit more pop than electronica, which is Mr. Van Dyk's primary genre.

I read on one of the forums that the mix we're looking for was on the soundtrack to the movie "Into The Blue." That post was correct, however a soundtrack was never released and there's no way to get it off the DVD (I bought the DVD and it sucks, so don't waste your money!). To get the straight scoop, I e-mailed Mr. van Dyk and learned that the "Jeep" mix will be available on vonyc.com the 21st of august.

I don't know what the resolution of the download will be (please, no 128k crap!), so I'm hopeful there will be a CD release at some point.

Anybody want a copy of "Into the Blue" for $1? :)

I don't feel like reading through all the pages but the song in the ad is available in iTunes:

Time of Our Lives (feat. Vega 4) [Swiss-American Federation Remix]

I've watched the ad numerous times and listened to the song and had friends confirm by watching/listening with me... That is the exact title...

And that title above is NOT an electronic version, it is more of a pop/alternative rock version...

Back