Is "Subway" A Weird Cult?

Originally posted by andy+Jul 11 2006, 01:04 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (andy @ Jul 11 2006, 01:04 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-dascoot@Jul 11 2006, 12:59 AM
\o/
:p [/b][/quote]
I TOLD YOU THAT'S NOT A VUH-JOIN-UH!!

there's something weird going on....
today I was asked, what veggies... I said, tomatoes and green peppers... And he says: tomatoes and lettuce? I say, no, tomatoes and green peppers... and then he says, what? no lettuce?? you're sure?? must be my skin color??? :angry:

You have to ask yourself Ravi.. why are you expecting supreme intelligence from a glorifed grill jockey? You messed up his FLOW man, you required him to THINK. You prolly bruised something.

Maybe the one of reason i can think of why they put it on last is that when you bite down, the meat and stuff would pop out from behind and land on your lap lol happened to me but with a burger or they put it last cuz it probably easier to make, if its on there first they cant keep the ingredients in place. Just a hunch but its not likely oh well still love their sandwich =]

Originally posted by sketchyrx@Jul 8 2006, 02:10 PM
Oh so I went to Subway and there was nobody in line and I asked for the mayo first and she was so nice. And there was a tip cup and I was gonna give her a dollar for doing that for me until I realized I was about to give a $10 tip... <_< So I didn't ...I'll get her next time though. :p
Yeah I know this is reaching back into the annals of forum-post history, but I felt so annoyed that I've come back from my temporary exam-based adtunes retirement to say
WHAT. THE. FUCK.

I worked at Subway for two years when I was a wee lad still in high school. Ok so it was only about four years ago but still. I worked for minimum wage, through rain, hail and snow. Ok so it doesn't snow in Sydney but SHUT UP. Anyway my point is that we never had a tip jar. Is the tipping culture in the US so pervasive that you feel compelled to tip your burger jockey? Yeah I know they make shit wages, I've been there, but that's why I friggin quit and got a real job...waitering....

Also, that being said, Subway still rocks. It's much more expensive [here] than the other fast food places, but hell I worked there for two years and I still love it so you know it's good. And it's not just because I had a little side business selling coke-syrup, or because I used to pretty much eat my weight in chicken every time I was there, or because I used to take home bags of the cookie dough and then eat delicious double choc cookies, piping hot and straight from the oven with a generous dollop of vanilla ice-cream...mmm...diabetes. But I digress.

Hey Melissa, did you guys ever have eating competitions? You know, where someone would come up with a really disgusting combination, like bacon, mayonnaise and cranberry sauce on a cookie and somebody else would have to eat it? Or the chicken challenge where you'd see how many feet of chicken ( I mean feet as a measurement, not actualy chicken feet) someone could eat. Basically the chicken challenge goes like this:
1)Eat a chicken fillet (six inches)
2) Take a big gulp of your choice of the juicy crap left over from: Olives, Jalapenos or Pickles
3) Repeat until there's only one person left.

I held the record at my store with three feet and a serious case of food poisioning. Good times....

and now, back to studying!

Many years ago I worked at Subway as well. I was the bestest sandwich maker.

Plus my first name is Jared. Poeple laughed at me. :(

Originally posted by goodasgold@Nov 2 2006, 09:53 AM
Plus my first name is Jared. Poeple laughed at me. :(
:lol: :lol: :wub:

Sid, naw.. I worked the night shift with a guy about my age and we were always messin around but the only other person that worked the shift with us was the middle aged manager who was zero fun. He also played Cher EVERY DAY.

And don't start in on Americans wanting tips all the time, the only people that get them are food servers and bellhops. I guess valets too. Although the latter two don't really exist in my world.

When I was there, Subway had a very strict No Tip Jar rule so I rarely will leave any tips because it just seems assy to me to be making at least minimum wage, do minimum work and still go against the rules to demand something extra in such a cold method. If I drag em through the ringer with a complicated order and a line backs up behind me.. then I'll tip em.

Servers though, meaning people that actually SERVE you and not just stand in one place and hand you a sandwhich, they deserve tips. When I was at Sweet Tomatoes the people got their own food off the buffet, but I removed plates, got their drinks, broughts napkins and straws and whatever else they wanted, then bussed my own tables. I rarely got a 15% tip, but leaving a buck or two for that kind of server is always appreciated.

I always overtip too. My mother was a waitress at Denny's and my brother and I have served tables on and off for years, so we know what it's like to be desperate for money while you put yourself through college, or raise a son on your own, etc etc. My mom would come home after working a double, making only 2.18 or so an hour, and count out a whole $20 in tips. That works out to like $3.80 an hour and no human can survive on that.

So I leave 15 or 20% for bad service and more for good. Bad service always gets a full 15% because I've been there and I know that when you see that someone you neglected still pays you money, it does something to you, brightens your day, so then you cheer up and treat the rest of your customers better. Paying it forward baby.

Damn, you guys post too much. I'm way too ADD to read all of that. :huh:

Well you can just skip over mine, it's the same soapbox speech I always give any time someone complains about tipping servers.

I have one of those speeches too. I think that everyone should have to wait table as least once in their lifetime so they and truly gain valuable life/work experience.

Back