Identity of mystery song

pvalexl

Reaction score
Anyone know the title of the song? I've heard it many times before, in many movies and commercials. It sounds like something that could be in Star Wars? Can anyone throw out any ideas?

Thanks!

ah ha! I was thinking of O Fortuna by Carl Orff. Never Mind!

Okay, this has to be the lamest request for help ever, since I don't know where it was used, and the best I can do is attempt to hum it out. (Same words = same note. Start somewhere in the middle of your vocal range. It might be helpful if you rewrite the words on a scrap sheet of paper according to how high they are, so that you get a clearer picture of the notes layout. Or something.)

doo doo (drop down a note) da da
doo doo da doo (bring it up)di doo da

(then repeat the pattern again, except bring it up an octave and imagine it louder and give it a richer sound)

It's a full orchestral/choral piece (think along the lines of the choral piece at the end of the Spider-Man 2 soundtrack), probably used to accompany a battle scene if this piece was ever used in a movie trailer. It's very ... "envelopping," and gives a sense of grandness to whichever scene it supports.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks ahead, guys.

NEVER MIND, I FOUND IT.

"O Fortuna" - Carl Orff

I'm such a loser. I should've just downloaded all the songs suggested in the "Best Classical Music" forum earlier.

Best. Composition. Ever. (Or at least one of the top ten.)

Back