Hummer H3

Shatterpoint

Advanced Member
Reaction score
anybody know the band that does the funky remake of a classical song? it's featured in the Hummer H3 commercial where the truck parallel parks. i wish i knew what the title of the original classical piece, best i can say is Mudvayne comes out on stage to it....

And where in the hell did you disapear to? :p Got a link to the ad?

i haven't been pestered by a song in a commercial for a while, nothing really exciting. to be honest with you, i don't remember why i stopped posting here, i seem to lose interest in forums in general over time...

the commercial is available at hummer.com, under the hummer world section...

[edit] as i actaully looked at the commercials page it had the song title and composer on it, DUH

song: Also Sprach Zarathustra
artisit: Richard Strauss

Got it. It's "Thus Spach Tharathustra." The theme to "2001 A Space Odyssey." ;)

EDIT-On second thought it may be the part called "Also Spach Tharathustra." It's definately on the soundtrack though.

Originally posted by Shatterpoint@Jun 2 2005, 08:24 PM

[edit] as i actaully looked at the commercials page it had the song title and composer on it, DUH

song: Also Sprach Zarathustra
artisit: Richard Strauss
Just came back to post the same damn thing. DOH!!!!!! :duh: They tell you right on the site. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yes and the version they use is Deodato's 1973 hit.

This apparently is ANOTHER Hummer H3 commercial. I know the piece is a remake of "Also Sprach Zarathustra" from 2001: A Space Odyssey". I just need to know the artist that did it. I thought, at first, it was "Switched on Bach" because they have remade a lot of classical music with a pop sound.

Thanks,
Lou

:)

LOL

I'm actually replying to my own post...

After a bit of internet digging...I found the artist! :D

Turns out it was Deodato - he recorded the tune in 1973. It was on the Billboard Top 100 chart during part of that year.

Please consider the question answered!

Lou

Back