how to figure out what this song is

KannD86

All-Star Member
Reaction score
Okay, there was a song on in the store when I was shopping yesterday and it's been stuck in my head ever since. Searching google for the few words I think I remember has failed. How can I find out what this song is? Could I record myself whistling the tune and post it somewhere for people to listen to? Would I sound like a lunatic if I called up the store and asked what music they play? This happens all the time. I hear a song while I'm out and try really hard to remember some part of it so I can google it later and I rarely remember to actually google it, or if I do, I rarely remember the words, or if I do, I rarely succeed. There has to be a better way!

On the off chance anyone here could figure it out, I'll tell you what I remember. The words "no time" were repeated in the chorus a lot. I think it went "no time left for you" or something very close. A man, or men, were singing, harmonizing, it was kind of high-pitched, especially at the end where they say "you" (or whatever other word that might be). It's probably an old song, but I could be wrong about that too. I know that's practically nothing to go on. Please help!

OMG, that's it! Thank you so much! That song did come up during my original search, but I dismissed it when I read the lyrics. It goes to show that you should listen to the song to determine if it's the right one. Thanks!

For future reference, is there a website that people can post themself singing/humming/whistling a song and people listen and try to figure it out? If not, someone should start one. :)

songtapper.com

watzatsong.com

You can record your self humming with any freeware soundcard recording software through a line in connection (ie microphone) and then post it to this website among others for identification.

Back