Home Depot 2004 Olympics

I would also like to know what the music is called. The commercial has employees from Home Depot in different departments talking and motivating themselves. At the end of the commercial, the slogan is "If you tell yourself you can do it, you can" or something along those lines. The piano music playing sounds very nice. Does anyone know it?

It rules, I'm not sure yet what the music is. I work for Home Depot but I'm not an elite racer.

:p!!!

The commercial has been out for quite a few weeks, it has three home depot employees who also happen to be olympic or paralympic athletes. It features a stunning piano solo , does anybody have any idea what it is? This is a good one people, well worth checking out, and you'll definately see the commercial if you've been watching the olympics these last few weeks.

Alright, i need some help on this. Theres a semi-new commercial out there by the Home Depot called "The moment" or "if you believe", it shows atheletes, that the Home Depot employs, right before a moment of importance or start of an event. For example, it shows a a girl about to lift wieghts, and guy in a kayak, and a guy doing Judo.

It has some really sweet music in the backround, mainly piano, and i've been serachin like hell, and i can't find out what it is. Can anyone help me out here?

:) It sounds like Rachmaninov's Piano Concerto No. 2 in C Minor. I'm not sure which movement, probably the 4th movement ( "allegro scherzando")?

:eek: Yow! I need a coffee break. It's a concerto (even if it's not the right answer); ergo, it has 3 (three) movements.

Okay, it is definately not the piano concerto no.2, i checked it out. SOMEBODY HELP US!

Well are you sure it isn't No. 2? There are the three movements, i've checked out the first two, but i havent been able to get a hold of the third Allegro schezrande or whatever it is.

I also am looking for this piece....

if there is a classic buff willing to help, it would be nice.

Thanx in advance.

:ph34r: Scheherez :ph34r:

I mean, I'm pretty sure it's not No. 2. Because when I downloaded it and listened to it, it didn't sound like the joint from the commercial, so...

as much as i hate to admit it, the song sounds very much like a creation of Elias Arts... a music identity and production firm. they're the creative genius behind some of tv/movie's most popular music and jingles.... i.e. the Columbia, ETrade, MTV (original), Universal, and Yahoo sound identities.

visit their site, http://www.eliasarts.com, click on WORK, then the SHOW REEL. it'll give you a really good idea of what music you're never going to be able to download or buy ;-)

the commercial itself was directed by Phil Joanou at Villains and created by The Richards Group/Dallas (woo go dallas!)... if anyone wants to call them.. :-D

do you think it would be worth calling the Home Depot main offices?

i'm desperate to know the song as well.

I've also been looking to find this music - it sounds an aweful lot like Michael Nyman's work, but i'm not a music conneseusse... i'll have to do some research. Anyone know him?

it would be more productive to contact The Richards Group in Dallas, Texas. They created the spot for the Home Depot, and therefore would know what music was used.

more than likely The Home Depot doesn't even know where the music came from.

Someone emailed me the following, I guess they are referring to this ad:

For your subscribers who are interested to know, I believe the artist and composer is Kostia and the piece is Winter Ride from his Suite St. Petersburg (on the Narada label). Kostia is a Russian emigre.

Originally posted by michelle@Aug 30 2004, 09:43 AM
Someone emailed me the following, I guess they are referring to this ad:

For your subscribers who are interested to know, I believe the artist and composer is Kostia and the piece is Winter Ride from his Suite St. Petersburg (on the Narada label). Kostia is a Russian emigre.
I checked that out on CDnow.com, and i only heard a 30 seconds clip, btu it sounds really close, so i think that may be right.

I'm not sure though, could someone download it, see if it is correct?

Back