hello i'm sketchyrx

He's already a sellout, he moved to France. :ph34r: Did I say that out loud?

Well he is like the biggest hollywood star, I dont know how he could sell out in that way.

I don't know if I'd consider that selling out. He just does whatever his little heart wants. And he could not possibly be The Joker. That's just bad casting I say.

I mean selling out by doing a mainstream flick. And yeah, I know he's doing Pirates, but he's too perfect for the role NOT to. Almost everything else he's done has been so off the radar that no one really knows him from anything BUT Pirates and Willie Wonka, and maybe Scissorhands. He actually chose for it to be that way. It's not like he's only just now breaking into the scene.. he passes on those blockbuster roles all the time. I just really respect that about him.

I guess, but all the movies he does end up becoming hollywood blockbusters because he is in them.

Not.. really..? Ed Wood, What's Eating Gilbert Grape, From Hell, Secret Window, Blow, Astronaut's Wife, Benny & Joon.. they never did any good in the theaters.

Originally posted by dascoot@Feb 17 2006, 01:19 PM
Not.. really..? Ed Wood, What's Eating Gilbert Grape, From Hell, Secret Window, Blow, Astronaut's Wife, Benny & Joon.. they never did any good in the theaters.
That doesn't mean they weren't recognized by everyone, when I think of small indie films I think films that had a limited release, all those movies you listed were released in all theatres. Examples of some indie films I went to a certain theatre to see: Coffee and Cigarettes, City of God and Broken Flowers.

Oh my god. Dude. You said his movies were all blockbusters, and I said they weren't. Yes he's successful. Yes he's respected in his field. Yes many of his films are released widely, but that doesn't mean they make wads of cash.

All I ever said on the subject was that him playing a role like The Joker would be a sell-out, and that's by his own standards, not my definition. The man is notorious for bucking the big roles because he feels like it would be selling out to make the big studio films when his heart is in the indies. I'm a screaming fangirl, I read everything I can on the man, I'm just going by what I know about him.

Whatever, I shouldn't have said blockbuster then, I meant a hollywood film that will be widely released. I don't want to argue with you, make love not arguing.

new topic anyone?... let's talk about tom cruise and his movies

Good Lordy! That's HI - larious. Does it just repeat forever?

Unfortunately, I do not know what that means. I'm fairly computer illiterate. <_<

Back