HBO

Ames

Reaction score
I've been trying to figure out what this song is for so long now and have come up empty handed. The song was with one of the commercials for HBO when they showed clips of all their original shows and all the movies that they show. The song is pure instrumental (at least, to my knowledge, I maybe wrong though, if it's not instrumental, it may have had some opera singing in it). It has a pretty haunty theme, and sounds like it maybe a love song? I know I've heard it somewhere, like in a movie, but I just can't remember where. Anybody know what I'm talking about and/or what song I'm referring to? Please? This seriously bothers me so much, it's not even funny.

Perhaps its "lonliest number" or "one is the loneliest number" or something like that.... just search for "magnolia" on Kaz-aa.

Nope, that's not it. Like I said, the song had very little (if any lyrics) it was mostly instrumental (which is why I'm having the hardest time finding it), and sounds like it may have come from a movie like Titanic, or Pearl Harbor...maybe even Gladiator or Glory...but it's not (I checked). lol

If it's the commercial I think you're thinking of, the song you're looking for is "Clocks" by Coldplay. (Even if it's not, it's a great song.)

No, not Coldplay. I know, I've already checked.

Somebody has to know...it can't be impossible to find this song. :(

When all else fails.. you can always email the Powers That Be at HBO and see if they'll share the wealth..

Hi Guys

I do know of a recent HBO commercial that uses Mel Torme "Comin Home Baby" although I'm not sure this is for the commercial you describe.

HBO have been using a great deal of music from Australian composer Rob Dougan. He has worked on tracks for Matrix Reloaded and has his own epic album out called 'Furious Angels', which is one of my favourites of this year.

Here are the adverts and the tracks after them:

'Fearless'(HBO Show) - 'Left Me For Dead'
HBO Sports Promo - 'Clubbed To Death'(re-recording)

Best of luck!

Michael.
(info@robdougan.net)

Originally posted by Ames@Sep 28 2003, 05:57 PM
Will HBO actually answer my email?
they might, but it may take a few weeks to hear back. it was discussed on here recently that large companies/organizations/etc have departments whose job it is to answer emails (whatever the question), and likely are dealing with hundreds + emails... so it may take some time to get a response.

doesn't hurt to try, though! good luck!

Okay, I emailed them, hopefully they'll reply! *crosses fingers*

I don't think it was Rob Dougan, I listened to his album (or 30 second clips of it) and none of them sounded familar (well, except a few which I recognized from The Matrix)

hey, i think it has go la la la la in it if its th eone i have been hunting for it too, mtv has been using it for its Real world so check each episodes soundtrack usually displayed at the bottom of the episodes page, there is a program also called Rich Girls, they just featured that song for the next episode, so if it is in the head ache will be over!!

could it be "Nara" by E.S. Posthumus?

It sounds like what you're describing and I think I've heard it in a movie trailer or two...

I too am searching for the name of this song...

It basically started off showing the alien from Men in Black 2... it was purely instramental but I think it does have words to it.

It starts off with just the piano and then base and other sounds join in later.

Any clues?

thanks.

the one that theoneptd is talking about is from the matrix by rob dougan, i don't know the real name of the song cuz of ive seen called like 3 different things

but if u go on kazaa and search 'matrix techno' its the 7,004kb file size one

Back