HBO Songs

CaddyCK

Reaction score
OK why does HBO have the best songs in its commercials? Two I need help on : One was in the trailer for Iron Jawed Angels....the other was an older one featuring all the HBO shows. This was back when Sex and the City was on....it was a rap song....violin music in the backround.....lyrics sound "like wo.....something something something like Wo." i hope i didnt scare anyone.

That second one isn't "My love is like...wo" by Mya is it? I saw that on VH-1's worst dirrty songs program and that was #35.

No, but that was funny. #35 huh? Not bad. It's not the Mya song but its a rap song. I just heard on the radio in vegas too!

I too would love to know what the song was that was played in the promo for Iron Jawed Angels.

Hi. I don't know about the rap song but the song that is used for the "Iron Jawed Angels" trailer is "Come Along" by swedish singer Titiyo.

Just an aside about a couple of songs HBO has used -- for the Six Feet Under Promos over the summer of 2004, they used Nina Simone singing "Feeling Good" by Anthony Newley from the musical, "The Roar of the Greasepaint, the Smell of the Crowd".

Earlier this year HBO used "Nara" by e.s. posthumus over a compilation of scenes from their shows and movies.

:)

Originally posted by CaddyCK@Oct 26 2004, 01:18 PM
....the other was an older one featuring all the HBO shows. This was back when Sex and the City was on....it was a rap song....violin music in the backround.....lyrics sound "like wo.....something something something like Wo." i hope i didnt scare anyone.
I believe the track you're looking for is "Whoa" by Black Rob. Those violins are nice. Sorry to dig up old threads but I was looking for the song that HBO is recently using in their HBO shows commercial before they air one of their original programs. Anyone know what it is? I'll be back to post the lyrics or other clues.

I KNOW, they do have the best songs!!! I am struggling to find what the song was playing in the commercial for the Sex & the City finale special. It was a woman's voice and really beautiful music, with no real words being spoken.

It was played a little bit during the finale special itself, but was mostly aired during the promo for it- do any of you know??

Back