HBO revolution commercial

mikemanut

Reaction score
Does anyone know the title and or artist for the music playing in the HBO commercial? Lyrics go something like - "we have got to get it together" and something about a revolution.
Thanks for helping!
Mike

Can you describe the type of music and if it had male or female vocals?

I believe you are looking for Aimee Allen's - Revolution. It was the theme song for the TV Show "Bird's Of Prey".

If this is the commercial I'm thinking of it's a male vocal that says soething like the following: "you, exactly like you do" during the chorus and has to be mid-90's kinda like a bran van 3000 or Hooverphonic, or eels kinda electronic indie rock sound to it. Still searching for it, but any help would be great. I remember the song but can't place the artist or title.

The other HBO commercial features Paul Van Dyke "time of our lives"

Originally posted by necto69@Oct 18 2004, 08:40 PM
If this is the commercial I'm thinking of it's a male vocal that says soething like the following: "you, exactly like you do" during the chorus and has to be mid-90's kinda like a bran van 3000 or Hooverphonic, or eels kinda electronic indie rock sound to it. Still searching for it, but any help would be great. I remember the song but can't place the artist or title.

the name of that song is "you showed me" by the lightning seeds and first perfomed by turtles a long time ago.

Originally posted by aliexx+Oct 19 2004, 12:25 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (aliexx @ Oct 19 2004, 12:25 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-necto69@Oct 18 2004, 08:40 PM

the name of that song is "you showed me" by the lightning seeds and first perfomed by turtles a long time ago. [/b][/quote]
Thats it! Perfect. :)

I'm not sure if Mike, the original poster of this topic, is looking for the Lightning Seeds song -- however, it was answered in the past. Don't forget when you want to search our Forums with a word that has less than four letters, you have to add an underscore to get results: _HBO

Does anyone know the song title and artisit for lyrics "We have got to get it together now, before the revolution . . ." It played on a national commercial during the evening on 11/17/04

i will reply to this thread, i have not seen the commercial so this is a guess based on the lyrics. it is a 60's song that i am thinking of.

is this it?

Artist: Thunderclap Newman Lyrics
Song: Something In The Air Lyrics

Call out the instigators
Because there's something in the air
We've got to get together sooner or later
Because the revolution's here, and you know it's right
And you know that it's right

We have got to get it together
We have got to get it together now

Lock up the streets and houses
Because there's something in the air