Groove Armada

Enyone

Pro Member
Reaction score
I really like Edge Hill and The River by Groove Armada. Are there any other songs that have that same tranquil beat? Either by them or someone else?

Suggestions?

Wow.. I'm really digging that Edge Hill song. I can't think of too many songs like that except maybe "God is a DJ by Faithless" it's a little more techno though, but I like it. Are you looking for songs mostly without vocals or does that matter?

It doesn't really matter.. I'm just looking for that pretty sound..haha if that makes sense

Ok. I found one that sounds nice. "Majorca by Enigma, Deep Forest & Art of Noise" says it is from the sensual moods album. (seems strange that they list 3 artists for the song but that's how it's labeled) :huh:

You might want to check out the following artists:
Morcheeba, Thievery Corporation, Air, Massive Attack. Morcheeba and Massive are fairly similar to the Groove Armada songs you mentioned.

Songs you might like:
Trigger Hippie by Morcheeba
Overcome by Tricky
Teardrop by Massive Attack (cd: Mezzanine)
Overcome by Tricky
Trigger Hippie by Morcheeba
Protection by Massive Attack
La Femme D'argent by Air
Simple Histoire by Thievery Corp.
Thievery's Mirror cd's: Richest man in Babylon, Mirror Conspiracy

Hope that helps. Let us know how your musical findings turn out.

Wow I have almost all of them..haha but that's exactly the ''type'' I'm looking for
Thanks for the suggestion.. keep em coming

Since we're on the same page here's some other artists/cds I enjoy that's kind of in the same vein.
Artists: Koop, DePhazz, Federico Aubele, Ohm Guru, Dining Rooms, Lemongrass
Cd's: Vintage Chill (winter), Ultimate Lounge (2 discs, good variety), Downtempo Dojo

Try these.

Caia
Saru
Cinematic Orchestra
BT
Chicane
Delerium
Fischerspooner
Kosheen
Readymade

There are few more technoish artists in there than you might like but I dont know.

I almost forgot these:
Tosca
Pole Folder
Dzihan & Kamien
DJ Harry
Flunk
Zero 7
Projections
Telefon Tel Aviv
Sigur Ros
Speedometer
M83