GMC Envoy XUV

IT'S NOT!!!! :angry:

edit: OK, I've written to GMC and will post any answer I get from them.

Melissa's word is gospel to this site, especially regarding classic rock. Clearly this ad is not using "Tusk" as there is a violin in the commercial, and there is no violin in the band. Also, there is no guitar heard in the GMC commercial. In addition to that I don't think it's legal to "modify" a song to begin with when you buy the rights to use it. Unless you're changing the lyrics of the song.

Firstly Dascoot & Lostboy are quite correct it is not Tusk, let's start with some audio, The Envoy Commercial and Fleetwood Mac's Tusk. The tempo's are I dentical but the GMC beats fall on different places. There are no strings in Tusk and is also in a completely different key. Tusk is in D and the Envoy is in A. They sure have tried to make it sound like Tusk but because it's in a different key as well as the beats are different I suppose it doesn't breach any copyright.

But anyway this doesn't clear up who did the music, I had emailed GMC but they didn't know so I'm of to see if I can find out but I'm almost certain this is a commissioned piece from either the usual Amber or Elias.

I've been looking all over for that music. After hearing Tusk that is deffinately it. Modified or not that is deffinately Tusk.

Thanks

CO

Jesus.. :blink:
How bout this. Why don't yall just contact Fleetwood Mac via their website and find out for sure?

i have contacted gmc too, and im waiting on an answer, i will post it here if they get back to me

Back