Georgia O'Keefe

hahah double spaced. omg i think i am actually sleepy. i'm such an old woman now. *le sigh*

The weather's messing with my head so I've been half asleep most of today. :leela:

Originally posted by Space Cataz@Apr 22 2006, 12:27 PM
Urethra Franklin
Ballsackof Jawea
Christina Agurethra
Way to have some R.E.S.P.E.C.T!!!!

Originally posted by Bloodlessr+Apr 23 2006, 12:39 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Bloodlessr @ Apr 23 2006, 12:39 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Space Cataz@Apr 22 2006, 12:27 PM
Urethra Franklin
Ballsackof Jawea
Christina Agurethra
Way to have some R.E.S.P.E.C.T!!!! [/b][/quote]
10 clever points to Garret!

Sorry ladies, I was changing butts all night. :(

Originally posted by sickboy@Apr 22 2006, 08:55 AM
what exactly do you want to know about her?
i know she died in '84 due to failing health.
she married a photographer, i can't recall his name, but he practically funded her work for a period of time before and after their marriage (if i remember correctly).
i know she stopped painting in the 70's because of her eyesight, but she continued with pencils and, i think watercolors or something like that.
she was affliated witha few college, like west texas(?) and she would move to new york (where that photographer lived) every so often, but always returned to the southwest.
and yes, she did paint giant, vulva-like flowers, but i think she also did desert landscapes.
i do remember reading that she quit art for a while because she didn't think there was much in it.
i can't remember if it was o'keefe or another lady who married the head of pepsi cola.
i was an art major and i had to take art history and art appreciation and we covered her bio in class
Alfred Stieglitz was her husband and he is one of the most respected photographers of the 20th century. I started this thread to see if anyone knew anything about her.

Originally posted by sketchyrx@Apr 24 2006, 12:51 AM
Alfred Stieglitz was her husband and he is one of the most respected photographers of the 20th century. I started this thread to see if anyone knew anything about her.
He took those pictures with the dead cow's skull right?

I may have been thinking of this...

But remember vaguely a B&W picture of O'Keefe with a skull in the background... :unsure:

Now this is gonna drive me nuts!

The only reason why I recognize that piece is because it's one of the sample pics on Apple Works...

***I'm spelling her name wrong. I hate when that happens. It's "O'Keeffe". Two ff's. ***

Originally posted by dascoot@Apr 22 2006, 04:04 PM
:lol: It was at least related.

So dude, you started this whole thread just so you could make a vagina joke?
Why the hell did I think he started it? I done smoked myself retarded. :blink:

yay!
another half baked quote.
i think half baked quotes can be used for just about any situation in life.

Originally posted by sketchyrx+Apr 23 2006, 11:51 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (sketchyrx @ Apr 23 2006, 11:51 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-sickboy@Apr 22 2006, 08:55 AM
what exactly do you want to know about her?
i know she died in '84 due to failing health.
she married a photographer, i can't recall his name, but he practically funded her work for a period of time before and after their marriage (if i remember correctly).
i know she stopped painting in the 70's because of her eyesight, but she continued with pencils and, i think watercolors or something like that.
she was affliated witha few college, like west texas(?) and she would move to new york (where that photographer lived) every so often, but always returned to the southwest.
and yes, she did paint giant, vulva-like flowers, but i think she also did desert landscapes.
i do remember reading that she quit art for a while because she didn't think there was much in it.
i can't remember if it was o'keefe or another lady who married the head of pepsi cola.
i was an art major and i had to take art history and art appreciation and we covered her bio in class
Alfred Stieglitz was her husband and he is one of the most respected photographers of the 20th century. I started this thread to see if anyone knew anything about her. [/b][/quote]
so did i pass?

You get an A+.

I did not start this just because. It was a conversation I was having with someone who didn't know anything about Georgia. Now they know. I've learned my lesson starting random stupid threads.. <_<

Originally posted by sketchyrx@Apr 24 2006, 09:38 PM
You get an A+.

I did not start this just because. It was a conversation I was having with someone who didn't know anything about Georgia. Now they know. I've learned my lesson starting random stupid threads.. <_<
sweet, my mom's going to put this up on the fridge.

Originally posted by cultclassic+Apr 24 2006, 11:51 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (cultclassic @ Apr 24 2006, 11:51 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-sketchyrx@Apr 24 2006, 10:38 PM
I've learned my lesson starting random stupid threads.. <_<
Which is? [/b][/quote]
DONTDOIT!

Andy have you been inspired by something? That's not a Grateful Dead cover is it?

Back