Garden State

hey, i'm back again to see if anyone knows the two songs in the trailer. you can find the trailer at www.movie-list.com under now playing. They're the only two songs on the trailer. If anyone knows, it would help me out alot. thanks.

I'm trying to figure out the song in the Garden State commercial that's been airing on the TV Guide channel, advertising it as being available on Pay Per View now (or On Demand from Comcast, maybe). The only lyrics I could really hear/understand were something like "Look to the sky". Any help would be appreciated!

I haven't seen the commercial, but Train has a song that includes the words "look to the sky" I think it's Drops of Jupiter.

-s

No, unfortunately it isn't Frou Frou because I have the soundtrack and that isn't what this particular song sounds like. It also definitely isn't Drops of Jupiter, it has a different beat than that song, which I've also heard before. Haven't seen the commercial on that channel since posting either, it's like they know I'm looking for the song :)

I've seen trailers for this movie that play a song by the Postal Service called "Such great heights" that is also on the soundtrack by a different band. I think the postal service song is the original and it's much faster and more electronic than the one on the soundtrack. i don't think that "look to the sky" is in the lyrics but maybe?? i hope this helps!

I agree with special monky, I believe it's the postal service 'such great heights'. Listen to it here. It's a great song. I do believe they say something about the sky. :p

Not sure about the commercial, but can vouch for 'Such Great Heights' being a great song - both the Postal Service original and Iron & Wine cover. Both versions are on the Such Great Heights CD Single along with a cover of The Postal Service's 'We Will Become Silhouettes' by The Shins. That's a great song, too - either version. Shins have a couple of songs on the Garden State soundtrack as well.

is it Love Will Come Through by Travis? i know that's a song they've been airing in garden state commercials but i don't know if it's the one they're using on the tv guide channel. but it's still a really good song.

I'm not even sure what I remember about it now, because I haven't seen it since, it's very possible it's that Postal Service song, but one thing I'm absolutely sure of is that it is not the Frou Frou song let go. That is the one song on the soundtrack whose lyrics and background beat I would know if I heard it, (it's my favorite song on the soundtrack).

I thought this was pretty much a dead topic, since I hadn't seen the commercial in a while and couldn't remember how the song went, but then out of the blue there it is on the TV Guide Channel once again! The lyrics now sound something like "Love will overcome", it's a slow song with a guitar background...really wish I could figure this out!!

Wow, haven't thought about this in almost a year, but I looked up that Travis song on iTunes and that was it! YAY!

Back