Gap "The 59th Street Bridge Song (Feelin' Groovy)"

NeedsMusic

Veteran Member
Reaction score
I'm probably answering my own question here, but is the catchy, up-tempo remix of "The 59th Street Bridge Song (Feelin' Groovy)" from the Gap ad a remix for the spot?

Thanks for the help!

I was looking through some old tapes last night, and I just happened to stop rewinding on a commercial for Gap Stretch Jeans. Judging by the shows and what was being advertised on the tape, I'd say the commercial is from around 2003. I tried to write down all the lyrics I could hear, and then looked it up on Google. Supposedly it's "The 59th Street Bride Song (Feeling Groovy)" by Simon & Garfunkel. Here lays my problem. There was a Lauryn Hill-type singer covering the song for the Gap commercial. And as much as I appreciate S&G's music, I loved this version.

These are the lyrics:

Slow down, you move too fast
You've got to make the morning last
Just kickin' down the cobble stones
Looking for fun and feelin' groovy!
(La,la,la,la,la,la, feelin' groovy)

Hello, lamp post, whatcha knowing?
I've come to watch your flowers growing
Ain't ya got no rhymes for me?
Doot-in' doo-doo, feelin' groovy!

Got no deeds to do, no promises to keep
I'm dappled and drowsy and ready to sleep
Let the morning time drop all its petals on me
Life, I love you, all is groovy!

Any suggestions as to who was singing it on the Gap commercial would be great!!

Thanks
-Ash

I believe it is:

59th Street Bridge Song (Feeling Groovy) by Harpers Bizarre

Mm, I looked that one up already, but they're a group of men. I think, from what research I've done, it may be Angie Stone and/or Mya. Now the trouble is trying to find a copy of it somewhere! Anyway, thanks for the help.

Yeah, I found Mya and Angie Stone as a possibility too. Harpers is listed in a Gap commercial, but there is one with the female singers.

Back