Filtrete Air Filters

OC Duck

Reaction score
It's the old Hollies "The Air That I Breath" tune, but was wondering who did the version on the ad (or perhaps it was done specifically for the ad itself).

Originally posted by OC Duck@Oct 19 2004, 02:26 PM
It's the old Hollies "The Air That I Breath" tune, but was wondering who did the version on the ad (or perhaps it was done specifically for the ad itself).
I think that might be The Mavericks remake of it?

Tried searching for this topic and couldn't find it so if it's been covered - sorry in advance.

It's a commercial for Filtrete air filters that has a man singing the following verse:
"All I need is the air that I breathe....and to love you"

Who is this? Thanks!!

Okay, I found it...answering my own questions, hehe

'Air That I Breathe' by the Hollies

I wanted to add that I think this commercial may actually be Simply Red singing The Air That I Breathe...he does a rendition of it and I think it's just as good as the Hollies original.

Filtrete Filters Commercial (July 2009)

There has been a Filtrete filter commercial on both the TV and local radio stations. The song in the background sounds almost movie-esque and has a really nice quality without any words. The musical background sounds so familiar and I am hoping someone might have some insight on this difficult song question.

The commercial itself has a male voice talking about the various filters that Filtrete has - there's nothing too special about it other than that song. :confused:

Anyone know the song currently played in the Filtrete commercial? There's a little guy running down the hall way with allergens all around her - then a short of her with her family and a male voice over. It sounds like it's a cut from a classical piano piece. Maybe even Eric Satie.

Anyone know the song currently played in the Filtrete commercial? There's a little guy running down the hall way with allergens all around her - then a short of her with her family and a male voice over. It sounds like it's a cut from a classical piano piece. Maybe even Eric Satie.
I'm trying to find out as well. Good ear, it souns quite a bit like Satie, but I haven't found any matching audio clips. This same song was used a few (?) years ago in a Milky Way ad - might have been the Mint or Dark versions. There were 2 women in the woods (I believe one was on a swing) dressed somewhat like Faeries. The were casting some sort of magic into some vessel which eventually produced the candy bar. Well, something like that ;) This may help in finding the song - it was the exact same piece. Hope you find some clues.

Hello all. I've located the song title: It's called Tinker Spell. I'm unsure of the composer, however, if you Youtube it, it will come up as the first selection and will say something like "how to train your dragon soundtrack"

Well for what it's worth I am trying to find the song title/artist of this piece as well. Lexus used this same instrumental clip during the past Christmas holiday season showing Santa presumably building a silver Lexus in his workshop and presenting it later in someones driveway with a big red ribbon tied around (with a large bow on top of it). Anyways, it seems to me to be a classical piece... but have yet to find out from anyone I know who the pianist/composer/artist might be. But if I eventually discover who it is (or who they are)... I will be sure to pass it along. This tune has been bugging my brain for over 6 mos. now. laffs So hopefully I'll find someone who knows. Hopefully it's not just a 60 sec piece done for a commercial spot only, and is actually part of a longer instrumental piece. To me it has a holiday-ish ring to it (Christmas/New Years... but what do I know?) :)

Oooppsss... guess if I had read ALL the threads instead of the first two that started this convo I would of saw the answer to the question everyone had been wondering. lol Anyways, congrats to the person who knew it was Tinker Spell. good job. :)

Back