Fidelity Investments

earworm

Reaction score
Just saw a Fidelity Investments commercial broadcast on American Idol, 4-18-07; two women are talking money matters, and over their conversation at the very end a simple but strangely familiar piece of music begins to plays, with flute, snare drum, and piano; it's almost like a march, but I suspect it turns into a popular song or bit of movie music (or maybe it's original). Driving me crazy! Can anyone identify it?

it's the same jingle they use in another ad with a Grandfather and grandson sitting on a deck - the boy is going surfing.....

"Let Him In" Paul McCartney
The section you hear is the middle of the song , maybe called the bridge when he changes key.....

"someone's knockin at my door, someone's ringing my bell......"

hope that helps....

Originally posted by kensul12@Apr 24 2007, 04:36 AM
it's the same jingle they use in another ad with a Grandfather and grandson sitting on a deck - the boy is going surfing.....

The section you hear is the middle of the song , maybe called the bridge when he changes key.....

hope that helps....
"Let 'Em In" by Paul McCartney and Wings

Get it at Amazon.

;)

Please help me with this song. It is a Fidelity Insurance commercial where 2 ladies are talking about how one pre-planned their wedding and the other barely planned her is 2 days. They both got a divorce but the one talked the other into planning for retirement. The song is does not start until about 10 seconds are left in the commercial. I can recognize the base line but that is it. I think it is an Elton John song.

Thanks!

ok I am a nerd. Did not look at all the other threads to see that this was already asked and answered. :blink:

Originally posted by nolimits72@May 7 2007, 09:39 AM
ok I am a nerd. Did not look at all the other threads to see that this was already asked and answered. :blink:
So which previous thread does this one get merged wth.

Give us a hint. ;)

:blink:

Originally posted by DJEiffelT@May 9 2007, 03:41 PM
Unless I'm completely wrong here ...

I think the ad in question featured ...

Paul McCartney and Wings - "Let 'Em In"

Which, btw, doctormemory, you helped clarify in the original thread on this matter ... ;) :p :lol:

Here's the link for the merge ...

http://adtunes.com/forums/index.php?showto...85&hl=mccartney

B)
:banghead: :eek:ut: :duh: :usesearch:

Now I remember!

:blink: ;) :D

Theyre sitting outside i think on lawn chairs and she says something about putting money into something, man says, "yea like a nice car"- she retorts with- that will increase in value, man says "A nice car will increase in value"
now I remember more about his arugment about a car being a worthwhile investment but cant remember the bank or what ever. but the song at the end of it seems so familiar but dont know what it is.
anyone seen this - i think it was on the history channel - during ice road truckers...

I finally saw it over the weekend. It is Let 'Em In, Paul McCartney. You hear the musical interlude part of it. The song starts out..."Someone's knockin at the door, somebody's ringing the bell, do me a favor, open the door, and let em in." :D

Doctormemory, I'm pretty sure it was Fidelity. Hey, I'm new here. I just saw a question with 0 response and thought I'd tackle. I didn't backtrack far enough. I was so pleased with the Lucy Woodward response to my AMC question I was hoping to return the favor to someone!

Originally posted by kensul12@Apr 24 2007, 04:36 AM

hope that helps....
Oh, kensul... thank you a thousand times over!! That was driving me crazy! I knew it was a Paul McCartney song, but I couldn't come up with any of the lyrics around the bridge to identify it. That one melody line has been running through my mind for a week now! Its comforting to know I wasn't the only one trying to identify it so it would go away.....

By the way - yes, the instrumental section between verses or where the key changes is called the bridge. One good bit of information deserves another ;)

::::: deep sigh of relief ::::: Thank you SO much! :D

By the way..... kensul's reply was the first one I saw - I was so pleased at finding an answer that I just replied immediately without reading the rest of the thread. Thanks to everyone who replied! I hope to return the favor soon.

ANnyone know the song that fades in & out in the BG of all of the new fidelity investment commercials? Its like a flute or something.. I think its a beatles song but Im not too sure. Thx!

-R

Back