Farmers Identity Shield

The music struck me too. I believe I have heard it before, possibly in the movie, Four Brothers, or the tv show, The Black Donnelly's... Flogging Molly maybe???

The music is by The Dropkick Murphys. The song is Shipping Out to Boston.

It was also in the movie "The Departed".

Do you have a source of reference to say it's the DKM's song (shipping to Boston) because it doesn't sound very much like it to me. This song is much slower and i don't hear a cello at the beginning...

This song has been driving me crazy for a couple years! I used to have the CD and cannot remember who it was. I was glad to hear it on the commercial. It is an Irish electric violinist. No band name, just the single artist. I keep thinking his first name is Jamie. The song was out on alternative stations in 1995/1996.

I noticed there are two versions of the commercial. One has the song shipping off to Boston. The other has a different Irish song and that is the one I am after.

ya, most of the people who are looking for this song know dropkick murphys when they hear it, so you must be right, DUGator

Annie, i agree with you....the tune sounds the same, but the tempo is slower than "Shipping up to Boston".

Anyone else have any ideas?

Back