Excedrin and the Drunken Sailor

HairyBuddah

Reaction score
Excedrin has a relatively new commercial out. In the background there is a piano solo playing variations on the old sea chanty "What Shall We Do with a Drunken Sailor (Early in the Morning)". Can't get it out of my head. It is a real ear worm.

So who is tickling the 88's? Is it a commercially available performance?

Wallet in hand,

Hairy

OK, I just saw it again. It is not just a piano solo, there are other instruments involved. This is the nautically themed commercial with King Neptune, his trident, and some whirlpool looking special effects. Driving me crazy!

Hairy

at least you can watch it here :rolleyes:
Excedrin 2006 TV commercial "Neptune"

Anthony!!!!

That was really nice. Thank you for posting that!

If you happen to get the longer commercial, I feel in my bones that there is a 60 second version, I would greatly appreciate it!

Kudos to a youtube contributor. I lack the tech, but know enuf 2 appreciate it.

the Hairy one.

I'de also like to know what its called. :D
I am more interested in the atlas one though.

Originally posted by niXer@Jan 9 2007, 06:46 AM
Heres the composer's website.

http://www.jasonjohnson.com

Don't think you can download the song though.
yes, Jason Johnson is the composer and No, the song is not for download on the site, but all you have to do is email him and he will send it to you. I emailed him yesterday and he wrote me back already and atachd the song! How cool is that? I am listening to it right now!

Just go to his site and click on "contact" than either click on "Kelly" or "email Jason"

I sent an email to Jason Johnson the composer of the Excedrin Neptune commercial and he sent me a very nicely done 57 sec version of the song. I asked if he did the ad music for "Atlas" and he said that he didnt compose that music and he doesnt know who did. Mabye we will find out soon. Im still trying.

I'm merging these two threads about Excedrin even though they are two different ads and the music is not (?) by the same composer.

Back