Email confirmation

Sir_Garland

Pro Member
Reaction score
I always get tons of emails and then wonder if half of them are even true. So I started this thread to post this email and see if anyone else has received this and if anyone knows if it's actually true or not.

PLEASE READ

Received from a friend who is in the property
insurance business. It is well worth reading. This is
one of those e-mails that if you didn't send it, rest
assured someone on your list will suffer for not
reading it. The original message was written by a lady whose brother
and his wife learned a hard lesson this past week.

Their house burned down.. ..nothing left but ashes.
They have good insurance so the house will be replaced
and most of the contents. That is the good news.

However, they were sick when they found out the cause
of the fire. The insurance investigator sifted through
the ashes for several hours. He had the cause of the
fire traced to the master bathroom. He asked her
sister-in-law what she had plugged in the bathroom.
She listed the normal things....curling iron, blow
dryer. He kept saying to her, "No, this would be
something that would disintegrate at high
temperatures". Then her sister-in-law remembered she
had a Glade Plug-In, in the bathroom.

The investigator had one of those "Aha" moments. He
said that was the cause of the fire. He said he has
seen more house fires started with the plug-in type
room fresheners than anything else. He said the
plastic they are made from is THIN plastic. He also
said that in every case there was nothing left to
prove that it even existed.

When the investigator looked in the wall plug, the two
prongs left from the plug-in were still in there. Her sister-in-law
had one of the plug-ins that had a small night light built in it. She said she
had noticed that the light would dim and then finally go out. She would
walk in to the bathroom a few hours later, and the light would be back on
again. The investigator said that the unit was getting too hot, and would dim and
go out rather than just blow the light bulb. Once it cooled down it would
come back on.

That is a warning sign . The investigator said he
personally wouldn't have any type of plug in fragrance
device anywhere in his house. He has seen too many
places that have been burned down due to them.

PLEASE PASS THIS ON TO ALL THE PEOPLE IN YOUR ADDRESS
BOOK. NOT ONLY COULD IT SAVE SOMEONE'S HOUSE, BUT IT
COULD SAVE SOMEONE'S LIFE

I actually realized that I had not checked snopes yet and if you want to know if this is true or false click here.

Anyway, I would love to see more of these so if you get an email and find out it's false, then post it in this thread. :)

This one is true:

Most of us take those summonses for jury duty seriously, but enough people skip out on their civic duty, that a new and ominous kind of scam has surfaced. Fall for it and your identity could be stolen, reports CBS News.

In this con, someone calls pretending to be a court official who threateningly says a warrant has been issued for your arrest because you didn't show up for jury duty. The caller claims to be a jury coordinator. If you protest that you never received a summons for jury duty, the scammer asks you for your Social Security number and date of birth so he or she can verify the information and cancel the arrest warrant. Sometimes they even ask for credit card numbers. Give out any of this information and bingo! Your identity just got stolen. The scam has been reported so far in 11 states, including Oklahoma, Illinois, and Colorado. This (scam) is particularly insidious because they use intimidation over the phone to try and bully people into giving information by pretending they're with the court system.

The FBI and the federal court system have issued nationwide alerts on their websites, warning consumers about the fraud.

Check it out here:

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2005/11/22/...in1065769.shtml

http://www.snopes.com/crime/fraud/juryduty.asp

Send this on to your family and friends!! IMPORTANT!!

Another email:

I recently had a neighbor who had to have their 5-year old German Shepherd dog put down due to liver failure. The dog was completely healthy until a few weeks ago, so they had a necropsy done to see what the cause was.

The liver levels were unbelievable, as if the dog had ingested poison of some kind!

The dog is kept inside, and when he's outside, someone's with him, so the idea of him getting into something unknown was hard to believe.

My neighbor started going through all the items in the house. When he got to the Swiffer Wetjet, he noticed, in very tiny print, a warning which stated "may be harmful to small children and animals." He called the company to ask what the contents of the cleaning agent are and was astounded to find out that antifreeze is one of the ingredients. (Actually he was told it's a compound which is one molecule away from antifreeze).

Therefore, just by the dog walking on the floor cleaned with the solution, then licking it's own paws, it ingested enough of the solution to destroy its liver.

Soon after his dog's death, his housekeepers' two cats also died of liver failure. They both used the Swiffer Wetjet for quick cleanups on their floors.

Necropsies weren't done on the cats, so they couldn't file a lawsuit, but he asked that we spread the word to as many people as possible so they don't lose their animals.

This is equally harmful to babies and small children that play on the floor a lot and put their fingers in their mouths a lot.

PLEASE, EVEN IF YOU DO NOT HAVE BABIES, SMALL CHILDREN OR OWN A PET -- PLEASE FORWARD THIS ON!

This one is false. http://www.snopes.com/critters/crusader/swiffer.asp

every now and then i get a mail (an obvious chain mail) saying that theres a new computer virus blah blah blah

theres this one virus that appears every 2.5 months it seems, and every time its the most destructive virus ever created :rolleyes:
it destroys the zero sector of your hard drive, thus destroying it... you dont even use the zero sector to store date :rolleyes:

i dont get why people would start these mails, really

I got a bunch of emails saying that my paypal account info has changed and the link they give you to click doesnt even go to paypal, when you mouse over it, it would say like some goofed up site. Deleted.

Yeah, those are no bueno. Don't even click on those. There are ebay ones like that too.

Back