Dryel detergent department store mannequin

Neal

Reaction score
OMG! I think back in 2003 or 2002 (maybe even 2001, not sure!) I saw this TV Ad where a store mannequin comes to life after the lights turn off. The memories are getting foggy, but I remeber the mannequin (who was female, I'm pretty sure) going up the escalator. The only other thing I rember is the mannequin doing laundry!

So what is the big deal! Well the song they played has stuck out in my head vividly since then, and I desperately want to use it for things! I just don't know the title, I have no recollection as to what the commercial was for. It is either clothes (which could have been prooven wrong) or laundry detergent!

~~~

Why detergent? Because of this clip of info. I found on a site about TV ads with Mannequin:

"A Dryel detergent spot had a department store mannequin that came to life at night and headed to the appliance department to do its laundry"

This sounded oddly familiar!
~~~

But after searching Google I found no more on this. So here is my final piece of info. The song sounded err... operitic/choirish with the female voices sticking out more! I really want to know more about this commercial! And a possible name for that song!

Please help in any way that you can!

~*Neal*~

if i'm not mistaken, is that a song where there is a female vocal that only goes like -- buh buhh, buh da buh buh, buhh buh da buh buh,... even then, i don't know what it is but it sounds classical.

Yes, I think you got it, but still no title! Thank you very much however! :D

~*Neal*~

I remember the ad.Dryel is some kind of home dry-cleaning thing,you put it in your dryer with the clothes.(Not very good,apparently)
Unfortunately I don't remember the music!

Well, no, unfortunately that doesn't sound like it. But I've noticed sometimes that a clip doesn't really represent the song as a whole. Do you know of anyhwere I could hear the whole thing? the voices sound sorta like it, but that sounds umm... poppy, jazzy, it just has a beat. What I'm looking for sounds like a female chorus, or chamber music, or orchestra. It's not quite right, but thanks for trying. See if you can find a full clip!

~*Neal*~

Sounds like the info I already had! I contacted the company before you suggested it but thanks anyways!

~*Neal*~

Alright here is my reply from Dryel:

~~~~~~

Response (Doug) - 03/07/2005 04:31 PM
Hi Neal,

You're right, we did have a Dryel ad in 2002 which featured a mannequin. But the
music for the mannequin ad was designed in a custom studio, therefore there is
no title or artist.

Thanks for writing.

Doug
Dryel Team

~~~~~~

So now I will contact Food Chain Films, the creator of this commercial and song, to see if they have a link to a clip! I just visited the "FOR THE LOVE OF MIKE, HELP!"
Topic and I just wanted to say that this song means as much to me as "Declamation" (as we now know it is called :lol: )meant to Lacrymosa and all the others there! If I get a clip I'll post it! Hopefully it sounds just as good after two years of waiting!

Thanks for your persistent help!

~*Neal*~

No reply from Food Chain Films yet. But, get this! at:

http://ad-rag.com/2990.php

I can see the commercial for the unbelieveably low price of two euros for 30 days! Gimme a break!

:angry:

~*Neal*~

Back