Driver

Tyrell

Pro Member
Reaction score
Anyone know the tune that was in the old "Driver" trailer. It went sumthing like...

"Da-da-da dup da, da-da-da dup da, Whooo-oooo"
"Da-da-da dup da, da-da-da dup da, Whooo-oooo"

Nah, I was talking about about 'Driver: You Are the Wheelman' for Playstation, The first Driver game. The commecial airred back in the summer 1999 and ran til year 2000. It use to be one of those commercials that airred every hour on the hour during the summer.

"Da-da-da dup da, da-da-da dup da Whooooooa" was the repeated lyric.

Im pretty sure its a retro rock song. The commercial use to show clips from the game where the car drives into someones backyard.

This song has been in the back of my mind for years.

Please, Help me solve this mystery.....

I spent the past two hours searching everywhere. :unsure: The only video I could find is This one but it cost money to watch it. :( I'm all out of ideas. Maybe I could learn the notes on piano. Or maybe the lyrics are:
"da da da da, da da da da, whoooa"
"da da da da, da da da da, whoooa"

I'm not having any luck in finding this song. :ermm:

All I can find are videos for Driver 3... here -- assuming this isn't the version of the game you're looking for though... :(

Unfortunetly thats not the song. Its the same type of rock song tho. It sounds like a song Blur would have made. I searched through almost all thier songs but I couldn't find anything. I checked the Driver 3 trailers, hoping that used the same song for one of thier trailers, but they didn't. :(

I tried to put some piano keys to the lyrics. Hopefully this will help.

"da da da da, da da da da, whoa-ooooooa...........
..A..A...A...A...G...G..G..G....G......F......................
..1.......x.........2........x.........3......x.........4.......x.....

(The numbers and x's are the steps that show where the rhythm is.)

From my Memory, It was sung on an 100 bpm tempo with a Punk Rock type drum beat.
(or picture a drummer playing a techno drum beat slowed down to 100 bpm tempo)

Now that I think of it, It sound alot like a 90's Offspring song.

I hope this Helps :( :ermm:

Hmm :(

I dont know anyone who's IGN insider :(

Have u checked videos Here or Here ?

Also hv u checked the OST yet ?

Yea, I checked those. Unfortunately they're all for Driver 3. Hopefully this mystery will song be revealed. :unsure:

There may be a Pc version. Although, I'm not sure that its on there. :ermm:

actually it is the driver 2 commercial your talking about... i remember that. awesome song. it sounded really awesome and was like NANANA NA NA NANANA NA NA WOOOOOOOHHHHH

and it was like THE WHEELMAN IS BACK

very cool. one day i hope somone finds it...

Yesss, thats the one :) . I'm glad theres somebody out there that remembers that commercial.

:huh: Hm.. Driver 2. You may right about that also. I think it was used in both.

Anyone know a place that has Driver 2 Trailers?

Originally posted by Tyrell@Mar 23 2005, 11:10 AM
Anyone know a place that has Driver 2 Trailers?
I checked some sites, but haven't had much luck.

But, I have an idea.... :p Maybe it might be in the original game.

Anyone have Driver 2. :huh:

After getting in contact with the Driver staff I recieved the following:

All music for Driver was written and recorded by independent artist Alistair Brimble.

Contacting this gentleman has been a pain, though.

Originally posted by N1trostyle@Mar 29 2005, 08:45 PM
After getting in contact with the Driver staff I recieved the following:

All music for Driver was written and recorded by independent artist Alistair Brimble.

Contacting this gentleman has been a pain, though.
i wouldn't put too much stock in alistair brimble; that sounds like a canned answer to me. i get the impression that response pertains to the in-game music itself.

Yea, I think Alistair may have did the digital game play music... but It sounded like a Rock band that did the trailer song. If we could possibly find a Trailer for this game, Driver or Driver 2, this search would be alot easier. :unsure:

Is anyone a member of Ign or any other gaming sites with trailers? Or does anyone know how I could find Driver, or Driver 2 trailers?
:(

I have driver 2 game CD .. does it plays somewhere in the game ? (its very long since i finished the game)

Hm... ? Maybe it does, I'm not sure. Is there a song in there that goes, Na na na na... na na na na, whooa oooooh.? :unsure:

The song from the original Driver: The Wheelman advertisement is "Stiff Fingers: Gotta Getaway" isn't it?

Back