CSI Season 6

I just dug out my CD for "The Apostle" soundtrack, following the Christian artist line... I'm pretty sure it isn't Steven Curtis Chapman, Russ Taff or Gary Chapman.
I've tried to listen to the Torch channel on XM radio, but it's not a genre of music I enjoy too much...

As for Radiohead, I doubt it. I have most of their CD's. I say this without meaning to give offence to any fans, I actually do like Radiohead, but I would describe Thom York as a more ethereal/bordering on whinny kind of vocalist than what I heard during the promo. Again wrong kind of timber(timbre?) to the voice. I could very well be wrong...

I find CSI a very frustrating show at times. I have the season DVD's and I recall Danny Cannon saying something about how he prides himself on his musical selections for the show. Well then why the beep can't the shows producers let us in on the musical selections? I'm thrilled when I actually know what they're playing, and this is the first time I've been driven to such extremes in trying to locate "SONG X"
:banghead:

Oy!

I'll pipe in with my desire to find this track as well. Have searched high and low to no avail. Adn it sure as hell ain't no Radiohead.

And not to split this thread up anymore than it already is, but the other promo in question, the one with the female vocals that sound very celtic, sounds to me like Lisa Gerrard in the end theme from the Man On Fire Soundtrack, though I can't be entirely sure as I never get to hear that promo enough...and now never will again unless it's been uploaded somewhere.

It sounds a lot like Linkin Park but I'm not really familiar with their music. The sound clip is of a band that uses keyboards and a kind of Nirvanesque approach to writing. Melodic verses and then a rocking chorus. The singer sings a bit off key and has a bit of a vibrato in his voice like Bon Jovi when he sings the word "quicksand". It could be Bon Jovi but I can't listen to any of his stuff to figure it out because I can't stand them. Enh. But I would like to know what the heck this song is only because it's so hard to figure out. It's like its own CSI case. And it's frustrating me.

I am so sorry to say this. But you aren't truly music oriented...
If you think it's Linkin' Park: I have no comments to that... :/
Same thing with Jon Bon Jovi. Now please don't tell me, you think it's Limp Bizkit, before I die over here...

Anyway: "NICE" try...

As I've said before... if it was a popular band... we wouldn't have problem spotting the song while googling the partial song lyric which we happen to have... HLV

Okay maybe I can help.

Its a shame bc last season I watched CSI religiously and this year I only watched 4 episodes.

Anyway. If someone can find a clip of this commercial/clip on like Youtube of google video and send me a link. I could probably find it.

Believe me I listen to everything. I have a filled 60 GB iPod. yeah, and thats missing a few albums too.

Anyway. Send me the link.

DEs

Main stream artists like to do side projects and a main stream like Jon Bon Jovi is integrated in the Hollywood clique therefore it could be him and the track could be him. I'm not saying it is and I don't think it is. I was just saying that the guy singing in the promo clip sounds similar. I was reaching with the Linkin Park singer but the style of the writing of this song is similar. Please keep snarky comments to yourself. We're all trying to figure this out so we can all give the artist props for this good song.

Originally posted by TopOfTheMornin4890@May 21 2006, 08:40 AM
Okay maybe I can help.

Its a shame bc last season I watched CSI religiously and this year I only watched 4 episodes.

Anyway. If someone can find a clip of this commercial/clip on like Youtube of google video and send me a link. I could probably find it.

Believe me I listen to everything. I have a filled 60 GB iPod. yeah, and thats missing a few albums too.

Anyway. Send me the link.

DEs
:cry:

No luck?
Or has everyone gone on vacation now?
:(
I can't believe this...over 2000 hits on this thread and no one knows anything yet.
I hate CBS, and their useless "feedback" contact page.
:wacko:
:confused:

:angry:
well if anyone is still out there...
I've been to Amazon to listen to music, any music I can think of...
Is anyone familliar with Elliott Smith? I've only been able to listen to some things, not all of the music files. Elliott Smith is alot closer than I initially thought he might be... :banghead:

Anyone else got anything?....

Well, i don't think it's elliot smith, but it is it has to be an older song because he's dead.

That's the problem with this song snippet-who knows how old it is. The people who work on the CSI's-it's clear they're into music. At first, I was thinking it was a new song, but I've been listening to new stuff thru Amazon and I can't find anyone close to the vocalist I recall. I know Elliott Smith died a couple of years ago-but his voice is closer to what I recall the singer in the promo sounding like. I also didn't realize how many discs the man had out. I couldn't access every song listed that had a music file to listen to.
Since this is still a mystery song anyone else got any ideas?
How about an online petition to CBS? Someone there has GOT to know who sings this song-they had to clear/buy the rights to use it. And now what?

I don't know what the first song is called (sorry >__<), but the second one I believe is a song by and artist named Imogen Heap.

She's a great artist, and all of her music is just as good :)

I sent an email to CBS/CSI last week and just got a reply. I'm wondering if anyone else has gotten as response?
It gave me an address to contact and I will gladly persue it unless others have tried as it would seem futile.
Let me know and I'll go from there. Hopefully we can put this one to rest soon.

FYI: I'll be asking about all 3 songs. The one from last years promo and the 2 from this years (last season) Anyways, fingers crossed.

Oh please tell me you've gotten somewhere on this. I'm still curious about the promo song (how many songs did we end up with here?) Please great and powerful Purpleone, this topic is not dead. Please, please, please tell us what you know, or what you find out. :(
BTW, what email did CBS give you for a contact. Maybe if we bug them en masse CSI will put up an official music site with listings for everything. Wouldn't that be novel?

Actually no, Sorry but thanks for trying. It's not the current promo it's from last seasons finale promos.
I'm still waiting to hear from my letter from 2 MONTHS AGO! Grrrrr lol
I'll post the reply if and when I get one.

Oh and zoo2, it's not an email but a snail mail. I'll have to look for it again. Since it was 2 months ago it's long since been moved or buried in my office.

Thanks for coming back to give a heads up Purpleone.
Could CBS be more annoying? Actually, I try to avoid that question, because inevitably the answer is "yes"...
Hopefully the answer to our question isn't just sitting in the Denver airport as we speak. And I hope after making you pay for postage they at least have the courtesy to reply.

Originally posted by PurpleOne@May 15 2006, 06:03 PM
First of all you all are talking about two different songs here. The first is probably a song by The Who but I dont know the title...the 2nd is the reason i joined this thread site... its a song that has almost a lullabye feel to it.
It was used years ago for an episode promotion of ER and ive been looking for it since. It was also used last year for the season finale of CSI...
I sure hope someone figures out what this song is, i cannot find the lyrics or the song anywhere and its not for lack of trying
Its not Mazzy Star, i doubt that its Loreena McKinnitt but it could maybe be Enya however im just not sure.

Hope you all find the songs its definitely a mystery!
PurpleOne: you might be thinking about Give It Away, by Zero 7. It came out around 2001/2002, and I think that is the song that was also used in an ER promo.

HTH

David

oh, and the song with the male voice MAY be Set My Baby Free, by Ian Brown (from The Stone Roses). I'm not sure though -- I haven't seen the promo, so I can't quite match up the music in my head.

David

:eek:
WHOA!!!!!!!!!!! WE'VE LOST THE THREAD!!!!!!!!!!!!
'K...
I'm a huge Cheap Trick fan from way back in the day. While it's true Robin Zander is often refered to as the man of a thousand voices, I do not think the song on this thread is by them. I have "Cheap Trick In Color", song def. not from that album, or any CT album I can think of.
What we are talking about here is at the end of last seasons "Poppin' Tags" ep, while showing a promo for the season finale. It was a hushed male voice, with spare guitar and percussion. He sang-
I feel what has been felt
I kneel where others knelt
I share the sense of loss
in all of us
I sink where I stand
In lifes quicksand
And I just want to be
That (invisible)(?) man
Is this what someone is saying is Damien Rice?
As I recall, and it's been forever since I heard the snippet of song, the guy sounded "Lennonesque". :huh:

Okay...Once again THIS thread was begun last year, in reference to a song played at the end of the ep "Poppin' Tags" aired at the end of April 2006, to promote the final four eps of CSI Las Vegas.
I have checked out some of the groups/artists named above...
I listened to snippets of Damien Rice's CDs, both "9 Crimes" and "O". While his instumentation is a perfect match his voice and none of the songs I could listen to were the song I quoted above.
Both the Zero 7 "Give it Away" tune and Ian Brown's "Set my Baby Free" have been in CSI:LV... but again, they aren't what we're looking for on this thread.
I also checked out a Robin Zander solo CD that is no longer in print. None of those songs are a match either.
Again the song refrenced here is;
I feel what has been felt
I kneel where others knelt
I share the sense of loss in all of us
I sink where I stand
In lifes quicksand
And I just want to be
An invisible man (There's some question as to the exact wording of the last line). So does anyone else wanna try?

Back